Wednesday, September 17, 2014

BCHL Broadcast, Blog, and Twitter Guide:

With the BCHL season starting Friday at the Bauer BCHL Showcase in Chilliwack, I thought I'd compile a list of each team's broadcast information and Twitter links.

I included details on each team's radio broadcast (if they have one). I didn't include links to online broadcasts simply because the BCHL mandates that each team have a home broadcast on FastHockey, so there's guaranteed to be that for each game. A number of teams do have an online audio-only broadcast, which the play-by-play announcers usually tweet the details and links of it out. You can follow each of them by clicking on their Twitter handle.

I've also included how many seasons each play-by-play announcer has been with their respective teams.

Alberni Valley Bulldogs
@AVBulldogs
Evan "Hammer" Hammond (12th season)
@HamWilder

Hammer's Bulldogs Blog
93.3 The Peak (Full Broadcast Schedule)

Chilliwack Chiefs
@Chiefs_Hockey
Kraig Krause (1st season)
@krausekraig

No official blog
89.5 The Drive (Period Updates)

Coquitlam Express
@BCHLExpress
Eddie Gregory (11th season)
@eddiegregory81

Coquitlam Expressions Blog
No radio broadcast

Cowichan Capitals
@CowichanCaps
Jeff Sargeant (1st season)
@jeffthesarge

Sargeant Speak Blog
89.7 The Juice (Full Broadcast Schedule)

Langley Rivermen
@LangleyRivermen
Jake Elliott (1st season)
@PxP4Sports
Langley Rivermen Junior "A" Hockey Blog

No radio broadcast

Merritt Centennials
@BCHLCentennials
David Ashbaugh (1st season)
@AshbaughDavid

Dustin Scafe's Junior Hockey Blog
Q101 FM (Full Broadcast Schedule)

Nanaimo Clippers
@Clippers_Hockey
Dan Marshall (8th season)
@DanMarshall77

No official blog
106.9 The Wolf (Full Broadcast Schedule)

Penticton Vees
@PentictonVees
Fraser Rodgers (4th season)
@VeesVoice
The Three V's Blog

EZ Rock 800 AM (Full Broadcast Schedule)

Powell River Kings
@BCHLKings
Alex Rawnsley (4th season)
@alexrawnsley

Kings of the Castle Blog
CJMP 90.1 FM (Every Saturday Night Game)

Prince George Spruce Kings
@SpruceKings
Ron St. Clair (2nd season)

Spruce Kings Crusader
99.3 The Drive (Eight games)

Salmon Arm SilverBacks
@SASilverBacks
Ian Douglas (2nd season)
@IanDouglasNL

Backs' Talk
93.7 - The Voice of the Shuswap (Road Games Only)

Surrey Eagles
@SurreyEagles
Justin Morissette (1st season)
@justinmoris

No official blog
No radio broadcast

Trail Smoke Eaters
@BCHLSmokeEaters
Position is vacant
No official blog

No radio broadcast

Vernon Vipers
@VernonVipers
Graham Turnbull (2nd season)
@GrahamT_Vipers

Vipers Venom
Vipersdiehardfan Blog
107.5 Kiss FM (Road Games and Saturday Home Games)

Victoria Grizzlies
@VicGrizzHockey
Tyler Bennett (1st season)
@TBennz