Wednesday, September 17, 2014

BCHL Broadcast, Blog, and Twitter Guide:

With the BCHL season starting Friday at the Bauer BCHL Showcase in Chilliwack, I thought I'd compile a list of each team's broadcast information and Twitter links.

I included details on each team's radio broadcast (if they have one). I didn't include links to online broadcasts simply because the BCHL mandates that each team have a home broadcast on FastHockey, so there's guaranteed to be that for each game. A number of teams do have an online audio-only broadcast, which the play-by-play announcers usually tweet the details and links of it out. You can follow each of them by clicking on their Twitter handle.

I've also included how many seasons each play-by-play announcer has been with their respective teams.

Alberni Valley Bulldogs
Evan "Hammer" Hammond (12th season)

Hammer's Bulldogs Blog
93.3 The Peak (Full Broadcast Schedule)

Chilliwack Chiefs
Kraig Krause (1st season)

No official blog
89.5 The Drive (Period Updates)

Coquitlam Express
Eddie Gregory (11th season)

Coquitlam Expressions Blog
No radio broadcast

Cowichan Capitals
Jeff Sargeant (1st season)

Sargeant Speak Blog
89.7 The Juice (Full Broadcast Schedule)

Langley Rivermen
Jake Elliott (1st season)
Langley Rivermen Junior "A" Hockey Blog

No radio broadcast

Merritt Centennials
David Ashbaugh (1st season)

Dustin Scafe's Junior Hockey Blog
Q101 FM (Full Broadcast Schedule)

Nanaimo Clippers
Dan Marshall (8th season)

No official blog
106.9 The Wolf (Full Broadcast Schedule)

Penticton Vees
Fraser Rodgers (4th season)
The Three V's Blog

EZ Rock 800 AM (Full Broadcast Schedule)

Powell River Kings
Alex Rawnsley (4th season)

Kings of the Castle Blog
CJMP 90.1 FM (Every Saturday Night Game)

Prince George Spruce Kings
Ron St. Clair (2nd season)

Spruce Kings Crusader
99.3 The Drive (Eight games)

Salmon Arm SilverBacks
Ian Douglas (2nd season)

Backs' Talk
93.7 - The Voice of the Shuswap (Road Games Only)

Surrey Eagles
Justin Morissette (1st season)

No official blog
No radio broadcast

Trail Smoke Eaters
Position is vacant
No official blog

No radio broadcast

Vernon Vipers
Graham Turnbull (2nd season)

Vipers Venom
Vipersdiehardfan Blog
107.5 Kiss FM (Road Games and Saturday Home Games)

Victoria Grizzlies
Tyler Bennett (1st season)

No official blog
No radio broadcast