Sunday, June 8, 2014

First Week of 2014-15 Registration Sees a Flurry of Trades in the BCHL:

With June 1st marking the opening of Hockey Canada registration for the 2014-15 season, a number of trades have occurred in the past seven days in the BCHL.

A number are confirmed via the "Transactions" page on the BCHL website and others are posted on individual team websites.

June 2 - Trail trades F Dylan Mascarin (95) to Wellington (OJHL) for future considerations.

F Dylan Mascarin (95) From the Smoke Eaters website:

The Trail Smoke Eaters have announced that 19 year old Dylan Mascarin has been traded to the Wellington Dukes of the OJHL for future considerations.

Dylan was plagued with concussion problems for most of the 2013/14 season and played in only 17 games for the Smoke Eaters.  He ended the season with 2 goals and 3 assissts for a total of 5 points.

The Smoke Eaters organization wishes Dylan good luck for the 2014/15 season and thank him for his contribution to the Smoke Eaters.

June 2 - Trail trades F Sean Davies (95) to Calgary Mustangs (AJHL) for future considerations.

F Sean Davies (95) This deal isn't posted on either team's website, but it is confirmed on the BCHL's site. This Tweet from Whitecourt Wolverines play-by-play announcer Andrew Peard was also retweeted by the Mustangs.
June 2 - Chilliwack trades G Spencer Tremblay (94) to Battlefords (SJHL) for F Luke McColgan (94).

To Chilliwack:
F Luke McColgan (94) To Battlefords:
G Spencer Tremblay (94) This is from the Chiefs website:

The Chilliwack Chiefs have acquired forward Luke McColgan from the Battlefords North Stars in exchange for goaltender Spencer Tremblay.

The 6’1, 175lb McColgan tallied 39 points and 55 penalty minutes in 48 games last season in the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League. The Manhattan Beach, California product is thrilled to be coming to Chilliwack,“ "I am blessed to have this opportunity to play in chilliwack, especially being my last year of junior.  I'm going to work my hardest first to have a winning team, and secondly to earn a scholarship “

Chiefs Head Coach and GM Jason Tatarnic says his latest acquisition brings a variety of attributes to the table, “Luke is a very versatile player and he can be used in many situations offensively and defensively.  Luke is a very honest player that plays the game hard. We are excited to add a player of Luke’s pedigree. We believe he will become a fan favorite very quickly”

The Chiefs entire organization would like to thank Spencer for his commitment to Chiefs Hockey on and off of the ice in Chilliwack and wish him the best of luck in his future hockey endeavors.

June 3 - Trail acquires F Harlan Orr (95) from Whitecourt (AJHL) for future considerations.

F Harlan Orr (95) The only confirmation of this trade is on the BCHL website.

June 3 - Nanaimo trades G Tanner Kovacs (94) to La Ronge (SJHL) for future considerations.

G Tanner Kovacs (94) This trade is posted on both the BCHL and SJHL websites.

June 4 - Chilliwack trades F Ben Butcher (95) to Vernon for future considerations.

Ben Butcher (95) Here's the release from the Chiefs website:

The Chilliwack Chiefs have transferred the playing rights of forward Ben Butcher to the Vernon Vipers in exchange for future considerations.

Chiefs Head Coach and GM Jason Tatarnic says this move came as a result of a few factors. “We had to make a few moves due to the CJHL import quota and moving Ben was one those moves. It's always tough to move a player of Ben's quality. You have hard decisions to make when selecting six import players and this was a tough decision."

The Chiefs entire organization would like to thank Ben for his commitment to Chiefs Hockey on and off of the ice in Chilliwack and wish him the best of luck in his future hockey endeavors.

June 4 -  Nanaimo trades F Mason Mitchell (94) to Surrey for future considerations.

F Mason Mitchell (94) The only confirmation of this trade is that Mitchell is no longer on the Clippers roster and is now on the Eagles roster. I received word that by Nanaimo sending Mitchell to Surrey, it completes the future considerations from the January 10th trade which saw the Clippers acquire Luke Sandler.

June 5 - Trail trades D Joel Webb (95) to Kindersley (SJHL) for G Tyrell King (94). Langley trades D Viktor Dombrovskiy (96) to Trail for King.

To Langley:
G Tyrell King (94) To Trail:
D Viktor Dombrovskiy (96) To Kindersley:
D Joel Webb (95) Details of this deal are posted on the Rivermen website:

The Langley Rivermen have acquired veteran goaltender Tyrell King from the SJHL's Kindersley Klippers as part of a three-way trade that sees defenceman Viktor Dombrovskiy sent to the Trail Smoke Eaters.  To round out the deal, Trail is transferring defenceman Joel Webb to Kindersley.

King is a 20 year-old native of Eston, Saskatchewan and brings plenty of veteran experience to the Rivermen.  The 6'0", 180 pound goaltender is coming off a stellar season with the Klippers posting a 23-13-3 record with a 2.16 goals against average and a .930 save percentage with four shutouts.

"He's an excellent goaltender and super competitive who has proven himself as a starter in Saskatchewan the past two seasons.  We're excited to bring him to Langley as a guy who can carry a big load in goal for us," said Rivermen Head Coach and General Manager Bobby Henderson.

Spending the past two seasons in Langley, 18 year-old Dombrovskiy dressed in 90 games with the Rivermen putting up a combined four goals and 24 assists along with 32 penalty minutes.

Thank you Viktor for all your work with the Rivermen, and best of luck with the Smoke Eaters.