Thursday, May 29, 2014

Logan Mick Joins Merritt from Vernon as Futures from Dylan Chanter Trade:

The Merritt Centennials announced today the future considerations they received from Vernon in the January 3rd trade which saw the Vipers acquire defenseman Dylan Chanter (95) for defenseman Jason Bird (93). Heading to the Nicola Valley is forward Logan Mick (96).

Mick, at 17, is already a veteran of 102 BCHL games, including playing all four games during the RBC Cup earlier this month. His dad Troy, who is the Head Coach and GM of the Salmon Arm SilverBacks, played in Merritt during the 1984-85 season.

With Mick gone to the Centennials, the Vipers only have goalie Danny Todosychuk (94), defensemen Ken Citron (94), Riley Guenther (95) and Michael Statchuk (94), along with forwards Matthew Saharchuk (95) and T.J. Dumonceaux (94) eligible to return for the 2014-15 season, and two of those players are reportedly going to Surrey as the future considerations from another trade.

To Merritt:
F Logan Mick (96)
D Jason Bird (93)
To Vernon:
D Dylan Chanter (95)
Here's the release from the Centennials website:

The Merritt Centennials are pleased to announce the acquisition of forward Logan Mick (96) from the Vernon Vipers of the BCHL which completes the future considerations in a previous deal for defenceman Dylan Chanter (95).

Mick, 17, brings over 100 BCHL regular season games experience to the Centennials lineup, which doesn't include 16 games of playoff experience and 4 games at the RBC Cup, which was held this May in Vernon.

“We are excited to add a player of Logan’s ability to our group. He gained tremendous experience this year in a long playoff run and playing at the RBC." said Cents GM & Head Coach Luke Pierce. "He plays with a lot of energy and brings a skillset that I believe is ready to breakthrough."

Logan is currently committed to Quinnipiac University for the 2015-16 season. His father, Troy, was a member of the Merritt Warriors in the 1984-85 season.

For further information, please contact Cents Head Coach and GM Luke Pierce at 250-378-3607 or email luke@merrittcentennials.com