Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Victoria Grizzlies Home Rink Renamed 100.3 The Q Centre:

West Shore Parks & Recreation is excited to announce that our 3,000 seat spectator arena will now be known as the 100.3 The Q Centre.

West Shore Parks & Recreation joined into a naming rights partnership with radio station, 100.3 The Q (CKKQ‐FM), a division of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group, to rename and rebrand the facility formerly known as Bear Mountain Arena. 100.3 The Q, Southern Vancouver Island’s longest‐running adult rock station, is looking forward to seeing their name on a facility of this size.

100.3 The Q prides itself on being active in the community on many levels, and is already a major partner in the West Shore with events such as Rock the Shores, Victoria Shamrocks Lacrosse, the Victoria Grizzlies and local hockey teams.

“This partnership is a natural extension of The Q’s mandate to support strong family‐oriented community groups and events. We felt like this would be a great opportunity to reach out to the community in the West Shore” says 100.3 The Q!’s General Manager, Dan McAllister.

West Shore Parks & Recreation, owners and operators of Victoria’s premier mid‐sized arena, reached an agreement with the radio station in early February and couldn’t be more thrilled. The agreement will include financial compensation but also advertising air time in exchange for the naming rights to the building.

“It is more than just a naming rights partnership. We put a lot of value on The Q being able to assist with programs and events happening in the West Shore.” said Linda Barnes, West Shore Parks & Recreation Society Administrator.

“Our decision came down to finding a partner that provided not only a financial benefit but one that could increase our presence in the community, and who better to do this than The Q?” says Rob Martin, West Shore Parks & Recreation Society Board Chair and Colwood Councillor.

Users of the facility can expect very few changes to the arena. 100.3 The Q will be hoisting a new sign this spring and all onsite directional signage will be updated. 100.3 The Q Centre will continue to house major tenants including the Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL Jr. “A” Hockey) and the Victoria Senior Shamrocks (WLA Senior “A” Lacrosse).