Thursday, November 28, 2013

Prince George Sends Forward Michael Iovanna to Bonnyville:

For the second time this season, 19-year-old forward Michael Iovanna has been traded. Less than a month after he was acquired by Prince George from Vernon, Iovanna is now with the Bonnyville Pontiacs.

The Spruce Kings traded him to the AJHL club for future considerations. He finishes his BCHL career with two goals in 23 games.

To Bonnyville Pontiacs:
F Michael Iovanna (94) To Prince George Spruce Kings:
Future Considerations

Here's the release from the Pontiacs about the deal:

The  Bonnyville Pontiacs have completed a trade with the Prince George Spruce Kings of the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) to acquire 1994 born forward, Mike Iovanna in exchange for future considerations.

Mike Iovanna is a 5' 09" 160 pound right handed forward from Middleton, Massachusetts has a NCAA Division I commitment to the University of Massachusetts Amrherst for the 2015-16 season.

Iovanna was a standout playing at Malden Catholic High School where he registered 15 goals and 27 assists in 22 games.

"We are excited to acquire Mike," said PONTIACS General Manager, Rick SWAN. "He is a skilled, shifty forward with tremendous offensive potential. He had put up good offensive numbers in high school in Massachusetts and he will be given every opportunity to do the same thing with us." Tom Fitzgerald of the Pittsburgh Penguins told me that we have "a very special person in Mike."