Thursday, October 17, 2013

Surrey Eagles Acquire Garrett Forster From Flin Flon Bombers For Joel Gaudet & Futures:

The saga of forward Garrett Forster (95) reached (what seems to be) a conclusion as the Surrey Eagles acquired the Delta native from the SJHL's Flin Flon Bombers in exchange for forward Joel Gaudet (94) and future considerations.

I say it's been a saga for Forster because his junior A rights were traded for the fourth time in the last six weeks. It started on September 4th when Coquitlam traded Forster along with goaltender Daniel Urbani and defenseman Bryce Eviston to the AJHL's Brooks Bandits for netminder Gordie Defiel.

After seven games with Brooks, the Bandits moved Forster and Eviston to the Dieppe Commandos of the Maritime Junior A Hockey League for future considerations on October 5th. That same day, Dieppe flipped Forster, Eviston and future considerations to Flin Flon for forward Justin Rasmussen.

Forster never played for the Bombers and I can only presume he returned home as he showed up on the roster of the junior B Aldergrove Kodiaks this past weekend. He played one game for the PJHL club, registering one assist before his junior A rights were picked up by Surrey today and he played tonight, wearing number 96, against his former team in Coquitlam.

To Surrey Eagles:
F Garrett Forster (95) To Flin Flon Bombers:
F Joel Gaudet (94) + Future Considerations

There's no mention of the trade on either team's website, but it is posted under BCHL Transactions on the league website.

1 comment:

  1. Well I hope the issues behind this young man's travel are over.

    ReplyDelete