Monday, August 12, 2013

Cowichan Valley - Dauphin Trade:

If you include returnees and new recruits, the Cowichan Valley Capitals had way too many players heading into the upcoming season and new GM and Head Coach Bob Beatty made a move to alleviate the surplus of players by trading forward Jamie Waddington and defenseman Brett Seldon to the MJHL's Dauphin Kings for future considerations.

To Dauphin Kings:
F Jamie Waddington (94) D Brett Seldon (94) To Cowichan Valley Capitals:
Future Considerations

Here's the release from the Kings' website:

The Dauphin Kings continued to add to their line up by adding two experienced 19 year olds from the BCHL.

Jamie Waddington hails from Coquitlam, BC.  In 51 games last season with the Cowichan Valley Capitals, he picked up 8 goals and 17 points. The 5’10” 160lb forward is highly skilled and will add some scoring punch to the Kings line up.

At 6’3” 205lbs, Brett Seldon will add some size and sandpaper to the Kings defence corp. Seldon has over 140 games of junior hockey experience, having played in both the OJHL and BCHL over his career.  Originally from Thornhill, ON, Seldon is the type of player that thrives in the tough area of the arena.

“These are two players that we feel will complement the pieces we already have in place.” said Kings Head Coach/GM Marlin Murray. “Waddington increases our overall team speed and skill level, and Seldon obviously adds size and makes our defensive zone a tougher place for the opposition to play. Add to that the fact they’re both 94’s and could be 2 year guys with our hockey club, we’re looking forward to seeing them both in a Kings jersey this season.”

The Dauphin Kings would like to welcome Brett and Jamie and their families to the Kings organization.

1 comment:

  1. The Industrial Contractor Bids has the right to refuse any advertisement Electricians that is inappropriate or incompatible Welders with our mission and to stop accepting Fabricators any advertisement previously accepted.Suppliers IF, for some reason, Supply Chain we feel that your advertisement needs to be removed, you will receive a pro-rated Industrial Jobs refund based on the advertising time remaining.

    ReplyDelete