Friday, July 5, 2013

Prince George - Coquitlam Trade:

The Prince George Spruce Kings have been busy over the last week and half, making three trades to acquire a forward and a defenceman while sending out one blueliner.

The first saw Spruce Kings get 19-year-old forward Brent Lashuk from the Coquitlam Express in exchange for 18-year-old forward Jace Hennig.

To Prince George:
F Brent Lashuk (94) To Coquitlam:
F Jace Hennig (95) Here's the release from the Spruce Kings:

The Prince George Spruce Kings of the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) have completed a trade with the Coquitlam Express of the BCHL. Coming to Prince George is Brent Lashuk in exchange for Jace Hennig.

Brent Lashuk is a ‘94 born 6’ 2” 205 pound forward from Kelowna, BC who played last season for the West Kelowna Warriors before being traded to the Coquitlam Express. Lashuk, who shoots left, is considered to be a skilled forward with the ability to put the puck in the net.

"Brent is a gifted scorer," said Spruce Kings General Manager, Mike Hawes. "He also has good size to go along with a strong work ethic. I look for big things from Brent this season. We will give him every opportunity to be successful."

"It is always difficult to trade away a player like Jace," added Hawes. "Jace is from Coquitlam and this trade was a matter of family before hockey. We certainly appreciate everything Jace did for the Spruce Kings and wish him well with his hometown team."

Brent Lashuk will arrive in Prince George for the start of the Spruce Kings main training camp beginning August 23rd in the Coliseum.

For more information contact the Spruce Kings office at 250.564.1747.

And here's the release from the Express:

 The Coquitlam Express Junior A Hockey team are proud to announce they are bringing home 18 year old Forward Jace Hennig.

The Express move nineteen year old forward Brent Lashuk in exchange for Henning. Jace Hennig, a Coquitlam native, is a highly skilled forward who is committed to Merrimack College for the fall of 2014.

Head Coach Barry Wolff on the trade, "We are very excited to add a player like Jace Henning, although still a young player, he is maturing as a person and a player. We feel he has the ability to help our offence in a big way!"

The opportunity to have a local player play for his home town team, and give the community yet another reason to come out and cheer on the Express this up coming season.

"It was a very difficult decision to move a player like Brent Lashuk, who at the time we thought would play a big role with our hockey team for the 2013-14 season, but it is the tough part of the hockey business, and in this case we had to give up quality to get quality. " added Wolff

The Express thank Brent for his short time as a member of the Express Hockey team, and we wish him continued success in his career!