Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Prince George - Carleton Place Trade:

I apologize for the lack of posts in the last week and a half, I took on a Media Relations role for the top series of cycling races in Canada - BC Superweek. If you're interested, check it out at http://www.bcsuperweek.ca

As for moves around the BCHL, there have been a ton in the last little while. I'll go in chronological order based on when the trades were posted on the league's website.

------

For the second time this off-season, the Prince George Spruce Kings swung a trade with the Carleton Place Canadians of the CCHL, this time acquiring 19-year-old defenseman Luke Formica in exchange for future considerations.

Formica is a behemoth who stands 6-foot-6 and weights 209 lbs.

Neither team has a release on the deal on their respective websites, but the Canadians posted the trade on Twitter and the trade is listed on the BCHL website under "Transactions".

The Prince George Spruce Kings Hockey Club has acquired the CJHL playing rights of Luke Formica from the Carelton Place Canadians Hockey Club of the CCHL for Future Considerations

To Prince George:
D Luke Formica (94) To Carleton Place: