Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Victoria - Georgetown Trade:

For the second time in two days, the Victoria Grizzlies made a pretty significant trade that partially eliminates a logjam in goal and added a big piece to their blueline.

After adding netminder Nic Renyard (94) from Coquitlam late Monday night, the Grizzlies moved goaltender Michael Stiliadis (94) to the Georgetown Raiders for defenseman Alex Adams (93) and future considerations.

To Victoria:
D Alex Adams (93) + Future Considerations

To  Georgetown:
G Michael Stiliadis (94) Here's the release from the Grizzlies website:

The Victoria Grizzlies Junior A Hockey Club is pleased to announce the acquisition of Right Defenseman Alex Adams from the Georgetown Raiders of the OJHL.

Adams is a 3 year veteran measuring in at 6’ 2” and 195 pounds.
Adams was acquired for Goaltender Mike Stiliadis who requested a return to his home Province following the 2012-13 season.

GM and Coach Bestwick commented, “With the recent acquisition of Nic Renyard (Goal) and losing our Captain Zach Urban it was imperative we secured a strong veteran presence on the blue line.  We have done that with this move to add Adams to our blue line.”  Adams will join his teammates for Training Camp commencing August 19th.

The Victoria Grizzlies wish to Thank Mike Stiliadis for his services to the Victoria Grizzlies and wish him much success in his future.

For more information contact Bill Bestwick at 778 676 4338.