Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Salmon Arm - Whitecourt Trade:

The Salmon Arm SilverBacks added some veteran leadership to their forward group with a trade that became public today, but was completed almost a week and a half ago.

The Backs acquired 20-year-old forward Colten Meaver from the AJHL's Whitecourt Wolverines in exchange for future considerations.

Meaver isn't a huge player, but he's put up decent numbers through two seasons in the Alberta Junior Hockey League and got into 15 playoff games this past season with Whitecourt. He is just the fourth 1993-born player on Salmon Arm's roster, so I'm thinking SilverBacks GM Troy Mick is looking at Meaver to play a leadership/veteran role for his young team.

Neither team has confirmed the trade via social media or on their websites, but it is posted under "Transactions" on the BCHL website and the Wolverines retweeted me when I tweeted about the trade on Monday morning.

To Salmon Arm:
F Colten Meaver (93)
To Whitecourt: