Saturday, June 8, 2013

Cowichan Valley - Milton Trade:

The Cowichan Valley Capitals made their second trade in as many days this week as they added a big piece to their blueline for the upcoming season.

The Caps nabbed defenseman Patrick Arnold (93) from the Milton Icehawks of the OJHL in exchange for future considerations.

I think we may see more deals like this now that the import rules in the CJHL are relaxed and players like Arnold - as Canadian citizens - are no longer considered imports in the BCHL. With the BCHL's track record of college commitments and NHL draft picks, players from across Canada will want to come play in the league even moreso now that they're not counted as imports and it'll be easier for teams to add them.

To Cowichan Valley:
D Patrick Arnold (93)
To Milton:
Future Considerations

Here's the release from the Caps website:

The Capitals have acquired 1993 born, 6’4” 220 lb. Patrick Arnold form the Milton Ice Hawks of the OJHL.

“He adds a huge presence on the D-line” says Coach Bob Beatty. “He is a solid stay at home guy who will offer the leadership we need in our end of the ice.”