Monday, May 20, 2013

Surrey Eagles - Eligible Returnees & Graduating Players:

With the Surrey Eagles season coming to an end with a 3-2 overtime loss on Saturday to the Summerside Western Capitals, there are no longer any BCHL teams still playing as part of the 2013-14 season.

In fact, the season came to an end yesterday as the Brooks Bandits knocked off Summerside 3-1 to claim the 2013 RBC Cup.

As I've done for all BCHL teams as they've been eliminated from post-season play, it's time to look at the Eagles roster and see who is eligible to return next season and who is moving on to college or as an overaged player.

It is expected that Surrey will send two players to the Vernon Vipers as part of the future considerations from the Adam Tambellini trade, but at this time, I don't know who those players are. As a result, I've included all eligible returning Eagles players on this list.

Graduating Players
Michael Stenerson (University of Vermont)
Michael Santaguida (University of Vermont)
Devon Toews (Quinnipiac University)
Adam Tambellini (University of North Dakota)
Craig Wyszomirski (Merrimack University)
Brady Shaw (overage)
Trevor Cameron (overage)
Troy Paterson (overage)

Eligible Returnees (Depth Chart - * indicates an open spot - assuming the team goes with 13 forwards and 7 defensemen)

Forwards
Nicolas Pierog (93)
Brett Mulcahy (93)
William Clark (93)