Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Salmon Arm Silverbacks Promote Brandon West to Associate Coach:

This was posted on Salmon Arm's website today:

The Salmon Arm SilverBacks are proud to announce that Assistant Coach Brandon West has been promoted to Associate Head Coach. West joined the SilverBacks last season after working under former ‘Backs bench boss Rylan Ferster with the West Kelowna Warriors.

During his first season with the SilverBacks Brandon worked tirelessly to develop a strong relationship with Salmon Arm Minor Hockey while mentoring a young SilverBacks defense corps. Coach West continued to develop his skills as he was selected by the Team Pacific management group to work as an assistant coach at the 2013 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge.

Head Coach and General Manager Troy Mick is excited to have Coach West behind the bench with him as the SilverBacks prepare for what is sure to be an exciting season of hockey in the Shuswap.

“This is a great day for the Salmon Arm SilverBacks as Brandon West has signed on for another year after being promoted to Associate Head Coach. Brandon has proven he is ready to take on more of a role in our hockey operations. He was a big reason we were able to turn the on ice product around. He is a tireless worker and a first class person. We are very lucky and grateful to have him. He is one of the brightest young hockey minds in this business and I look forward to a great season ahead.”

The SilverBacks would like to congratulate Brandon and are looking forward to his contributions to the organization in his new role as Associate Head Coach.