Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Grandview Steelers Defenceman Colton Schock First To Commit To SFU For 2013-14:

D Colton Schoch (92)
This is posted on the SFU hockey website:

The Simon Fraser University Men’s Ice Hockey program is pleased to announce that Grandview Steelers defenceman Colton Schock has committed to join the team for the 2013/2014 season.

Quick Stats
Age: 20
Position: D
Shoots: R
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 181 lbs

20 year old Schock played four seasons in the PIJHL with Grandview, totalling 29 points and 171 penalty minutes in 180 regular season games. The consistent defenceman also played in 9 playoff games with Grandview, and looks forward to continued success with the SFU program.

“I really like how much the hockey program at SFU is growing, and I look forward to contributing and winning a championship there,” says Schock. The SFU recruit describes himself as a “smart, physical, puck-moving defenceman with good speed.”

“Having a local Burnaby product join the SFU Hockey program is a great thing,” says SFU Head Coach Mark Coletta. “Colton is a great kid, hard working, and excited about wearing the SFU jersey. We recognized very early this past season that we needed to bolster the defensive core and Colton will be a great addition to the blue-line.”

Schock is the first player to commit to SFU for the 2013/2014 season. Further announcements will be made in the coming weeks.