Thursday, April 11, 2013

Update on Esportsdesk Hosted Websites:

All websites under the guise of esportsdesk.com are still down. Among those affected include:
  • BCHL.ca
  • 15 of 16 BCHL team sites (Prince George is the only team not hosted by esportsdesk and the Spruce Kings site is still up and running)
  • VIJHL.com (Vancouver Island Junior Hockey League)
  • KIJHL.ca (Kootenay International Junior Hockey League)
  • PJHL.net (Pacific Junior Hockey League)
  • BCIHL.ca (BC Intercollegiate Hockey League)
  • Many other amateur sports sites from around the world
Esportsdesk posted the following this afternoon:

UPDATE: 2:30pm Pacific Time on April 11, 2013

esportsdesk.com and all of our client websites were the victim of an attack on our servers early Tuesday morning. No personal information or credit card data was compromised (we never store credit card details, anyways). The effects of the attack were resolved within a few hours, but we have kept our websites locked down while we work to institute a comprehensive solution to thwart future attempts.

We would like to thank the members of our community for their outpouring of support and the loyalty and understanding that they have shown us. We are extremely proud of the relationships we have built over the last 16 years since we issued our first free website in 1997, and look forward to the next 16 years.

We had hoped to be ready to confidently restore service by 3:00pm PST but are not there yet. Things are progressing well and we are now expecting to be back up and running by 9:00pm PST.

Yours in sport,
Team esportsdesk.com