With last season's Athletic Therapist and Equipment Manager Kyla Knox moving on from the Centennials for personal reasons, Merritt is looking to fill the position for the 2013-14 season.
This is posted on the BCHL website under "Careers":
|Job Title:||Athletic Therapist/Equipment Manager|
|Location:||Merritt, BC||Travel Required:||With Team|
Min. $2000 per month
|Contract Type:||Contract length negotiable|
|Contact:||Luke Pierce – General Manager||Date posted:||May 1, 2013|
|Will Train Applicant:||In equipment related duties||Posting Expires:||June 15, 2013|
|Applications Accepted By:|
Fax or E-mail:
(250) 378-3609 or email@example.com
Subject Line: Trainer Job
Attention: Luke Pierce
PO Box 1730
Merritt, B.C. V1K 1B8
Role and Responsibilities|
The Athletic Therapist/Equipment Manager is a key part of the success of the Merritt Centennials Hockey Club, contributing to the health and readiness of the players and working with the coaching staff to ensure optimal performance.
· Coordinate and implement all medical, rehabilitation and strength and conditioning activities
· Responsible for equipment inventory tracking, maintenance and distribution
· Responsible for injury prevention and assessment
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Preferred experience with hockey teams or other team related sports. Applicants must have (or been near completion of) the following qualifications:
· Certified Athletic Therapist
· Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma: Kinesiology or related program preferred.
The following credentials are preferred but not essential:
· NSCA CSCS certification
· Hockey Canada “Speak Out” and “Safety” Programs
Working knowledge of modality unit preferred. Applicants must be committed to working in team environment and proven ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities.