Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Cowichan Valley-Alberni Valley Trade Finalized:

As we get deeper into the off-season, more and more details are emerging about future considerations from trades made during the 2012-13 season.

The terms of one of the January 10th trade deadline deals was made public today when Alberni Valley Bulldogs forward Mitch Crisanti (94) tweeted that he was excited for a fresh start with Cowichan Valley.

Later, both the Bulldogs and Capitals confirmed that Crisanti is, in fact, the future considerations in the trade that saw forward Teal Burns (92) moved to Alberni Valley back in January.

So the final trade breaks down like this:

To Cowichan Valley Capitals:
F Mitch Crisanti (94)
To Alberni Valley Bulldogs:
F Teal Burns (92)
Here's the release from the Capitals website:

The Cowichan Capitals have acquired the playing rights of (94) forward Mitch Crisanti from the Alberni Valley Bulldogs.

This acquisition fulfills the future considerations portion of an earlier trade that saw Teal Burns move to Alberni Valley.

Mitch is a 6’3”, 185 lb forward. Last season he played 44 games with 3 goals and 9 assists for 12 points. He also had 22 penalty minutes.

“Mitch is a good sized forward with the potential to add some much needed offensive punch to our lineup” said Capitals Head Coach Bob Beatty.

“I’m happy to be aboard” said Crisanti from his home in North Vancouver. “I am very excited about a fresh start in Cowichan. There are a lot of young guys there, a very exciting group. I am sure if we work hard we will be successful.”

The Capitals are very happy to welcome Mitch to the family.

Here's the release from the Bulldogs website:

Today the Alberni Valley Bulldogs announce the player that was named in the future considerations portion of the trade deadline deal with the Cowichan Valley Capitals.

To complete the trade that saw Teal Burns join the Alberni Valley Bulldogs at the Januar 10th deadline, the Bulldogs send forward Mitch Crisanti to the Capitals.

“To get a player at the deadline with Teal Burns’ skill and playoff experience, we unfortunately had to give up a quality person and player in Mitch,” said Alberni Valley Bulldogs head coach and general manager Kevin Willison. “Mitch made great strides this season, especially in the playoffs and we wish him continued development and success with the Capitals.”