Monday, April 22, 2013

Coquitlam-West Kelowna Trade Finalized:

The Coquitlam Express made some news off the ice today, but I wanted to get to something that was released by West Kelowna last week.

Although I tweeted about it at the time, this is the first I've posted about it on the blog. Future considerations continue to be released from the Express trades made at the BCHL carding deadline on January 10th.

Now we find out that in exchange for F Mitch Nardi (93), Coquitlam receives F Brent Lashuk (94) and D Mathew Berry-Lamontagna (93).

So the trade breaks down like this:

To Coquitlam Express:
D Mathew Berry-Lamontagna (93)
F Brent Lashuk (94)
To West Kelowna Warriors:
F Mitch Nardi (93)

Here's the release from the Warriors website:

The Warriors were busy at the 2013 BCHL Trade Deadline acquiring Coquitlam Express Captain Mitch Nardi (93), and Danny Gayle (92) from the Fort McMurray Oil Barons.

Today the Warriors announced two players from this year’s roster who are moving on because they were parts of the Nardi deal.

Defenseman Matthew Berry-Lamontagna (93), and forward Brent Lashuk (94) will be joining the Coquitlam Express for the 2013-14 season.

“Making deals is never easy, it`s something that is part of the game,” says Warriors Head Coach/GM Rylan Ferster.  “This year we tried to put ourselves in a position to have a chance in the playoffs, and to get something you have to give something. As an organization we want to wish both Matthew, and Brent, all the best and thank them for their contributions both on and off the ice”

Nardi, a dominant Centre, played in just 19 games for the Warriors registering 3 goals, and 4 assists.  He missed the entire playoffs after suffering a concussion in the Warriors third last game of the season versus Victoria.

Mitch, will suit up for Lake Superior State University next year playing NCAA Division 1 Hockey.

Here's the release from Eddie Gregory's Coquitlam Expressions blog:

The second of the three January 10th trades the Coquitlam Express made is now complete.

With the elimination of the West Kelowna Warriors from the Interior Conference Finals by the Penticton Vees, it has now been finalized and released who the Express acquired as the future considerations in the deal that saw the Express send captain Mitch Nardi to West Kelowna.

The future considerations the Express received in the deal are defenceman Matthew Berry-Lamontagna (93) and forward Brent Lashuk (94).

Berry-Lamontagna will be a 20 year old defenceman next season. The Vancouver native stands 6'0 and weighs 200lbs. In 65 career BCHL games split over the previous two seasons with the Warriors he has 2 goals and 13 assists for 15 points. In the playoffs he added 5 assists in 10 games this season. He also has 51 games of WHL experience with the Prince Albert Raiders where he scored 2 goals and 2 assists for 4 points.

19 year old Brent Lashuk will be entering his second BCHL season this fall. In his first season in the BCHL the 6'2 Kelowna native scored 9 goals and 11 assists for 20 points in 42 games. He dressed for 6 games during the playoffs this year adding two assists.

The Express would like to welcome Brent and Matthew to the club.

The final trade to be completed that the Express made on January 10th is the one that sent forward John Siemer to the Penticton Vees. The details of the future considerations the Express acquired in that trade will be released shortly following the conclusion of the Vees season.