Saturday, April 13, 2013

BCHL Governors Approve Sale of Cowichan Valley Capitals:

The Cowichan Valley Capitals are the latest BCHL team to have new ownership. Although the sale was previously announced, BCHL Governors had to vote on it. They did and now all the T's are crossed and I's dotted for Cory Wanner to take over the team from Stew Gordon.

Here's the official release from the Capitals website:

Late last week the Board of Governors of the BCHL formally approved the sale of majority ownership in the Cowichan Capitals to Cory Wanner.

Cory is a 42 year entrepreneur from Estevan, Saskatchewan. He runs a number of very successful companies in Saskatchewan.

Cory is very excited about his new venture into the BCHL. “The most exciting thing for me is helping young players get to the next level, regardless of their goals. Whatever the goal, if I can help them reach it, I will feel that I have succeeded.”

Cory has hired fellow Saskatchewan native, Bob Beatty, as Head Coach and General Manager. “Bob had a proven success record on the SJHL. I am very confident in his ability to put a successful, competitive team on the ice.”

“It is essential for our organization to succeed on the ice. That success will be followed by further success off the ice. We are committed to bringing the fans in the Cowichan Valley, highly competitive, highly entertaining hockey.”

Fans are encouraged to come and meet Cory during next weekend’s Spring Prospect Camp.