Sunday, March 17, 2013

Selkirk College Saints Are 2013 BCIHL Champions:

Cody Fidgett scored 3:11 into overtime to give the Selkirk College Saints a 3-2 win and a two game sweep in the best-of-three BCIHL championship series against Simon Fraser University on Saturday night at the Nelson and District Recreation Complex.

It caps a Cinderella season for Selkirk in which the Saints finish with a 25-3 record after going 21-3 in the 2012-13 regular season and 4-0 in the BCIHL playoffs.

For SFU, it's the second straight season the Clan has lost in the BCIHL final series/tournament.

A huge congrats is in order for Selkirk coach Jeff Dubois and all of the Saints players and staff! I had a blast covering the BCIHL final and look forward to working with the league through the off-season and into 2013-14. The Inside The BCIHL podcasts will continue during the spring months, so keep an eye on the blog and www.BCIHL.ca for new episodes.

I also truly appreciated the work that I got to do with SFU this season in terms of play-by-play and PA announcing. Mark Coletta, Jimmy Camazzola, Chris Munshaw, Andrew Delbaere, Kyle Rutherford and the entire SFU organization is first class and are a pleasure to work with. I look forward to working with SFU once again during the 2013-14 season and beyond.