Thursday, January 10, 2013

Nanaimo-Fort McMurray Trade:

The Nanaimo Clippers, who many expected to be busy at today's trade deadline, made at least one confirmed move. As was first reported by Fort McMurray play-by-play man Tyler King on Twitter (@tyler_king), the Clippers have acquired 20-year-old defenceman Brock Maschmeyer from the Oil Barons for 18-year-old forward Kevin Miller and future considerations.

There are many other rumours out there concerning Nanaimo, but until I hear something confirmed, I won't post it here on the blog. As for this move, it adds a huge piece to the Clippers blueline as Maschmeyer has been runner-up for AJHL Defenceman of the Year for the past two seasons.

To Nanaimo Clippers:
D Brock Maschmeyer (92) To Fort McMurray Oil Barons:
F Kevin Miller (94) + Future Considerations

---
BCHL TRADE TRACKER (since Dec. 1)
Trades Made: 17
Trades Made Within BCHL: 7