Sunday, January 13, 2013

Powell River Kings - Trade Deadline:

After being one of the busier teams at the BCHL trade deadline last season, the Powell River Kings were only involved in one move this year.

The Kings traded 19-year-old defenceman Bradley Parker to the Kindersley Klippers of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League in exchange for future considerations. The trade isn't noted on the BCHL's transactions page, but Powell River posted it on its website.

With 20-year-old blueliner Brandan Smith set to return from injury, the Kings needed to reduce their roster to get to the required number of 22 and Parker wound up being the odd man out.

To Powell River Kings:
Future Considerations

To Kindersley Klippers:
D Bradley Parker (93)
Here's the release from the Kings site:

The Powell River Kings have made a move today, trading 19 year-old Bradley Parker. Parker, a forward, is heading to the Kindersley Klippers of the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League for future considerations.

Parker, from Chilliwack, was in his first season with the Kings and wore jersey number 17 for the green and gold. This season, Parker suited up 33 times with the Kings, scoring 3 times and adding 6 assists.

Kings’ General Manager and Head Coach Kent Lewis says, “Parker has been a great kid for our program. He will be going to a quality program in Kindersley and we wish him nothing but the best. We thank Parker for his dedication and loyalty to the Powell River Kings while he was here.”

The Kings would like to thank Bradley for his time with the club and wish him luck with the Kindersley Klippers.

---
BCHL TRADE TRACKER (since Dec. 1)
Trades Made: 26
Trades Made Within BCHL: 15