Saturday, January 12, 2013

Nanaimo Clippers - Trade Deadline:

Although the Nanaimo Clippers officially made two trades at the deadline, I've already done a post on the deal Mike Vandekamp swung with the Fort McMurray Oil Barons to acquire 20-year-old defenceman Brock Maschmeyer, so I'll focus here on the one move that came out when all of the BCHL's transactions were made public.

The trade sees the Clippers pick up a very effective forward in 19-year-old Aaron Hadley from the Vernon Vipers for future considerations. A two time member of Canada West at the World Junior "A" Challenge, in my opinion, Hadley is an excellent acquisition for Nanaimo.

To Nanaimo Clippers:
F Aaron Hadley (93)
To Vernon Vipers:
Future Considerations

Here's Nanaimo's release about acquiring Hadley:

The Clippers also acquired F Aaron Hadley (93) from the Vernon Vipers in exchange for Future Considerations. Hadley is 6’3”, 200 lbs and was 3rd in team scoring for the Vipers with 12 Goals and 8 Assists in 33 games. He was also the Captain of Team Canada West at the World Junior A Challenge this season.

---
BCHL TRADE TRACKER (since Dec. 1)
Trades Made: 24
Trades Made Within BCHL: 14