Tuesday, January 8, 2013

BCHL Clarifies Trade Deadline Details:

The BCHL released details on its website this morning regarding the January 10th trade deadline, specifically the times of the deadline and the parameters to which teams can release information about trades.

I'll have my annual breakdown of 20-year-old and import numbers for each team later today or early tomorrow on the blog.

Here's the post from the league site:

In anticipation of player transactions leading up to the Jan. 10 Hockey Canada roster deadline, the British Columbia Hockey League is clarifying its policy on trade reporting at deadline time.

For any transaction made after 11:59 p.m. PST on Wednesday, Jan. 9, BCHL team personnel are required to wait until 10 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 11 to release details. Only after that time are they permitted to discuss transactions with media.

The absolute Jan. 10 deadline for transactions between separate leagues (i.e. BCHL to AJHL), is 6 p.m. Pacific. For moves made within the BCHL, the absolute deadline is 8 p.m. Pacific.

Teams not in compliance with this league regulation are subject to a fine.

Trade information will be also be posted on the BCHL website at 10 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 11.

The Jan. 10 deadline reduces the number of player cards available to BCHL clubs to 22. For Junior A clubs in other leagues, the number of cards available is reduced to 23.

---
BCHL TRADE TRACKER (since Dec. 1)
Trades Made: 11
Trades Made Within BCHL: 6