Saturday, January 12, 2013

Alberni Valley Bulldogs - Trade Deadline:

Rather than post separately every trade that happened at the deadline on Thursday, I decided to include each team's deals in a single thread.

Alphabetically, I'll do one for each team that made a trade, so you won't see posts for Langley, Merritt, Prince George, Salmon Arm (only because I already have a post about the one deal the Backs made) or Trail.

I won't include any free agent signings from junior B either, as I'll include those when I post a deadline day summary either later today or tomorrow.

The Alberni Valley Bulldogs made two trades leading up to the trade deadline as they look make some noise in the Island Division. First, they sent 20-year-old forward Lars Hepso and the CJHL rights to 19-year-old Adam Rossignol to the Coquitlam Express for future considerations. Then, the Bulldogs acquired 20-year-old Teal Burns from the Cowichan Valley Capitals for future considerations.

To Alberni Valley Bulldogs:
Future Considerations

To Coquitlam Express:
F Lars Hepso (92) F Adam Rossignol (93)

To Alberni Valley Bulldogs:
F Teal Burns (92) To Cowichan Valley Capitals:
Future Considerations

Here's the release from the Bulldogs:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Port Alberni, BC – The Alberni Valley Bulldogs entered the January 10th deadline by making a move early on Wednesday, January 9th that saw 1992-born forward Chase Paylor acquired from the Olds Grizzlys for future considerations.

What the Bulldogs expected to be a quiet January 10th deadline day turned out to produce some additional activity.

The Alberni Valley Bulldogs acquired 1992-born forward Teal Burns from the Cowichan Valley Capitals for future considerations. Burns, like Paylor, adds immediate depth to the line-up along with much needed playoff experience. Burns played in the BCHL finals last season and in the 2009 Royal Bank Cup.

As Burns is a 20-year old, the Bulldogs needed to free-up a 20-year-old roster spot. Therefore, the ‘Dogs then traded the BCHL rights to Adam Rossignol, who was released by the Regina Pats earlier in the day, and 20-year old forward Lars Hepso to the Coquitlam Express for future considerations. This was the toughest deal of the day for the coaching staff as Hepso has been a model teammate and community member. The Bulldogs family wishes Lars the very best and thank him for his three seasons of contributions to the Alberni Valley.

---
BCHL TRADE TRACKER (since Dec. 1)
Trades Made: 19
Trades Made Within BCHL: 9