Saturday, December 1, 2012

Vernon-Powell River Trade:

It's been a busy week for transactions in the BCHL and I would expect things to be even busier once the dust settles as the December 1st deadline passes later tonight.

The Vernon Vipers made a move before the deadline, sending 18-year-old Landon Robin to the Powell River Kings for future considerations.

On the Vipers release about the trade, it mentions that they traded Robin to get down to the BCHL roster limit of 22, however with forward Craig Martin listed on injured reserve for 30 days with an ankle injury, my thought is that Vernon could have carried one extra player until he returned. Unless of course, Martin is scheduled to return sooner although he didn't play in last night's 7-1 loss to West Kelowna.

In Robin, the Kings add one of the Vipers top recruits heading into the season, but his outstanding numbers in the Saskatchewan Midget Hockey League haven't yet translated to the junior A game. The potential is there for the Saskatoon native to be an impact player.

To Powell River Kings:
F Landon Robin (94) To Vernon Vipers:
Future Considerations

Here's the release from the Kings website:

The Powell River Kings are excited to welcome centre man Landon Robin to the team’s line-up having acquired Landon from the Vernon Vipers for future considerations.

Hailing from Saskatoon, Landon began his BCHL debut with the Vipers at the beginning of the 2012-2013 season. Prior to playing Junior ‘A’, Landon Robin wore the ‘C’ for Saskatchewan’s Major Midget’s AAA Beardy Blackhawks. Over the course of his 3 years playing in the SMHL Landon tallied 93 points in 111 games.

GM and head coach Kent Lewis is looking forward to having Robin in the roster. “Landon is going to come in and add depth to our forward’s line-up. As a ’94, he is going to be able to grow with the team as we look forward to next year.”

As for Robin’s talents on the ice, Lewis notes, “He is a player that can play in both ends of the rink. He has great offensive skills, offers size, and is gritty.  We followed him closely last season and are thrilled to have him.”

Welcome to the team Landon!

And from the Vipers website:

The Vernon Vipers have traded forward Landon Robin to the Powell River Kings in exchange for future considerations.

With the December 1st carding deadline fast approaching the Vipers had 15 forwards 6 defenceman and two goaltenders on the roster and were forced to make a roster move in order to get down to 22 players.

The Vipers would like to thank Landon for his contribution to the hockey club and the community and wish him the best of luck in the future.

For more information please contact the Viper Office at 250-542-6022