Sunday, December 23, 2012

23 BCHL Prospects Heading to Mac's Midget Tournament:

The annual Mac's Midget Tournament gets underway in Calgary on Boxing Day and runs through to New Year's Day.

There are a number of players taking part who are on BCHL rosters this season as affiliate players/prospects. I've taken this format from Alan's Small Thoughts At Large WHL blog.

If you are interested in following your team's prospects in this year's tourney, the Mac's website is www.macstournament.ab.ca and they'll have game summaries there as the tournament progresses.

And to help you know which prospects your team has in Calgary, here's the list of BCHL prospects in this year's tournament, by midget team. I've given the player name, his position and birth year and the BCHL team owning his reserve roster rights for this season.

If I've missed a player or messed up some info on a player, corrections are most welcome.

Cariboo Cougars:

Tyler Povelofskie (F-96) - Alberni Valley
Kirk Hards (F-95) - Prince George
Ryan Forbes (F-95) - Prince George
Braiden Epp (F-96) - Prince George
Liam Blackburn (F-96) - Prince George
Stephen Penner (D-95) - Prince George
Scott Cullen (D-96) - Prince George
Jeremy Matte (G-96) - Prince George

Okanagan Rockets:
Branden Wagner (F-96) - West Kelowna
Cortlan Procter (F-95) - Vernon
Graham Millar (F-96) - Penticton
Brett Mennear (F-96) - West Kelowna
Dustin Kostiuk (F-96) - Vernon
Spencer Hewson (F-95) - Salmon Arm
Josh Blanchard (F-96) - Penticton
Alex Gran (D-95) - Vernon
Gen Bryshun (D-96) - West Kelowna
Brenden Mills (G-95) - West Kelowna

Vancouver NW Giants:
Eric Margo (F-95) - Coquitlam
Jarid Lukosevicius (F-95) - Powell River
Jackson Cressey (F-96) - Coquitlam
Anthony Conti (F-95) - Coquitlam

Greater Vancouver Canadians:
Alex Whitwham (F-96) - Surrey

Upon looking at the players taking part in the tournament who are affiliated with BCHL clubs, there are a number of teams who don't have any representation. They are Chilliwack, Cowichan Valley, Langley, Merritt, Nanaimo, Trail and Victoria.

Players in the tournament this year, by BCHL club:

Prince George: 7
West Kelowna: 4
Coquitlam: 3
Vernon: 3