Thursday, November 8, 2012

Alberni Valley-Okotoks Trade:

Just over two weeks after acquiring 19-year-old defenceman Dylan Schellenberg from the AJHL's Camrose Kodiaks for futures, the Alberni Valley Bulldogs shipped him to the Okotoks Oilers, also for future considerations.

Schellenberg only got into one game with the Bulldogs with no points and no penalty minutes before the trade.

I don't know this for sure, but with three defencemen on injured reserve, my thinking is that one of Marlon Sabo, Brandon Halls or Daniel Delbianco is ready to return and Alberni Valley needed to create the roster space to add them back into the line-up.

The trade hasn't been confirmed on either team's website, but it is listed under 'Transactions' on the BCHL website.

To Okotoks Oilers:
D Dylan Schellenberg (93)
To Alberni Valley Bulldogs: