Friday, August 24, 2012

Merritt Defenceman Ross Mancuso Moves On From BCHL Career:

(Photo credit: Merritt Centennials)

The Merritt Centennials removed 20-year-old defenceman Ross Mancuso from their roster earlier this summer and now we know why.

Mancuso has retired from hockey to focus on his education and as a result, gives the Cents room for another 20-year-old. That being said, with Mancuso not returning, it leaves Merritt with Richard Sabourin, Dylan Chanter and Tyler Martin as the lone returnees on the blueline.

D Ross Mancuso (92)
Here's the release from the Cents website:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Merritt, BC - August 24, 2012

The Merritt Centennials would like to announce that defenceman Ross Mancuso has moved on from the BC Hockey League. The 20-year old from Coppell, Texas has decided to focus on his future and education by attending university in the United States starting this September.

"Ross has decided to move on from the game of hockey and we fully respect his decision," said Cents GM & Head Coach Luke Pierce. "We have known since the end of last season of his decision so we're prepared to open this year without him."

Pierce added, "It's disappointing to lose a person of his character and a player of that quality; however, we understand that sometimes these young men see a need to get on with the next step in their life."

"We wish Ross all the best in his future and thank him for his contributions with us last season," concluded Pierce.

The 6’1", 194 pound Mancuso made the Centennials as a rookie in September of last year after playing with the junior 'B' Osoyoos Coyotes during the 2010-11 season.

He scored his first goal of the season and first career BCHL goal on January 21 in a 4-1 win over the Victoria Grizzlies.

Mancuso played 51 games in Merritt and he closes out his BCHL career with 11 points (1G, 10A) and 31 PIM. He also had two points (1G, 1A) in nine career BCHL playoff games.

For further information, please contact Cents Head Coach and GM Luke Pierce at 250-378-3607.

1 comment:

  1. Brian, what ever happened to forward Brayden Low? No mention of him in the news article recently, wondering if you have any idea where he went, and can we expect a write up in the near future?

    ReplyDelete