Thursday, August 9, 2012

Former Burnaby & Victoria Defenceman Lee Baldwin Signs Extension With ECHL's Greenville Road Warriors:

Another BCHL alumni has signed a pro contract for 2012-13, this time it's former Burnaby and Victoria defenceman Lee Baldwin.

D Lee Baldwin
Here's the release from the Road Warriors website, with the part pertaining to Baldwin in bold:

GREENVILLE, SC- The Greenville Road Warriors announced today that the team has signed forward Brett Robinson and defensemen Lee Baldwin for the 2012-2013 season.

“Greenville is an amazing city with unbelievable fans that support us through the good and the bad,” said Baldwin when asked what brought him back to Greenville. “I can’t wait to bring home the Kelly Cup to Greenville where it belongs.”

That goal is something Baldwin shares with his returning teammate Brett Robinson. “We have unfinished business from last year,” said Robinson. “I’m coming back to try to bring a championship to Greenville.”

Robinson, 27, is entering his fourth season in the ECHL and second with the Road Warriors. Last season, the Ontario native tallied 39 points (20G, 19A) in 64 games for the Road Warriors. His 20 goals were good for fourth most on the team. Before coming to Greenville, Robinson spent two seasons with the Cincinnati Cyclones, posting 21 goals and 29 assists in 83 games. Robinson’s marquee moment came in Game 5 of the 2010 Kelly Cup Finals. In the 2nd period, Robinson scored what would become the game-winning and championship-clinching goal, propelling the Cyclones to their second Kelly Cup in the team’s history.

“I’m expecting a lot out of Brett this season,” said Road Warriors Head Coach Dean Stork, who was an assistant coach for Robinson in Cincinnati. “He brings a lot of knowledge and hockey sense to our lineup. His competitiveness and experience will help guide the Road Warriors to success again in 2012-2013.”

Baldwin, a native of Victoria, British Columbia, is returning to Greenville for his third season with the Road Warriors. Last season, the 205 lb defensemen put up six goals and 12 assists in 45 games. In 2010-11, Baldwin notched two goals and eight assists. Baldwin’s professional career also includes 45 games with the Connecticut Whale/Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League.

“Lee is a strong skating two-way defenseman,” said Coach Stork. “He can play in all situations and can log a lot of important minutes on the back end. I’m very excited to have Lee back for a third season.”