Saturday, September 1, 2012

UPDATE: Chilliwack-Lindsay Trade:

*UPDATE* - The BCHL has posted the details of this trade on its website and it's interesting to note that it is different than the Chiefs originally released.

Per the BCHL Transactions page: The Chilliwack Chiefs Hockey Club transfers the playing rights of David Bondra (F) and future considerations to the Lindsay Muskies Hockey Club of the OJHL in exchange for the playing rights of Ryan Donahoe.

So Bondra has been included despite the fact that he's off to school this year (Michigan State University). Bondra is a 20-year-old, so I would think that his inclusion in this deal is a formality as it's unlikely that he'll defer his attendance to Michigan State to go to Lindsay.

My original post is below (with the details of the trade corrected):

The Chilliwack Chiefs have made their second (announced) trade of the off-season, bolstering their forward ranks by bringing in a player with more than a 100 junior A games under his belt.

They've brought in 20-year-old forward Ryan Donohoe (92) from the Lindsay Muskies of the OJHL for future considerations. For Donohoe, it's the second time this off-season that he's been traded as he was moved from Wellington to Lindsay earlier in the summer.

Barring any other moves, Donohoe takes up the Chiefs last available 20-year-old spot.

To Chilliwack Chiefs:
F Ryan Donohoe (92) To Lindsay Muskies:
F David Bondra (92) + Future Considerations

Here's the release from the Chiefs website:

The Chilliwack Chiefs have acquired 20 year old forward Ryan Donohoe from the Lindsay Muskies in exchange for future considerations.

Donohoe is a veteran of four junior hockey seasons in the OJHL where he recorded 107 points in 135 games played along with 150 penalty minutes.

Head Coach and General Manager Harvey Smyl likes the qualities his new acquisition boasts, “From all of the reports I have received, Ryan is very skilled, works hard at both ends of the ice and will bring strong leadership qualities.”

As for the 6’0, 170lb Ontario product, he is excited to be on his way to Chilliwack, “I am looking forward to coming out west. I have heard that the Chiefs fans are the tops in the Country and that Prospera Centre is one of the best places to play junior hockey.”