Monday, July 23, 2012

Penticton-Drayton Valley Trade:

The crease just got a little more crowded in Penticton as Head Coach & GM Fred Harbinson has acquired a bonafide starter from the AJHL.

The Vees picked up G Curtis Martinu (92) from the Drayton Valley Thunder for future considerations. The trade is one that I see as a little peculiar, if only because Penticton went to G Chad Katunar (93) late in the season and playoffs when number one netminder Michael Garteig got injured, only to return for the RBC Cup tournament and Katunar performed quite admirably and looked poised to take over the crease this season.

Maybe Katunar and Martinu will battle it out for the number one role in 2012-13 at training camp, but with Martinu just being acquired and in his final year of junior hockey, I would think that he'll play more games for the Vees. I guess time will tell.

This trade is posted on the BCHL site, but nothing's been posted yet by either team.

To Penticton Vees:
G Curtis Martinu (92)
To Drayton Valley Thunder: