Friday, July 27, 2012

Nanaimo Clippers Sign Forward Steve Hladin:

This is posted on Nanaimo's website:

The Nanaimo Clippers are pleased to announce the commitment of Steve Hladin.

Steve is an 18 year old Forward who played for the Vaughan Vipers of the OJHL last season.  As a first year player last season he had 14 goals and 25 assists for 39 points in 42 games.  He is 6’0” 175lbs and is from Mississauga, Ontario.

At the end of the 2011-2012 season the Vaughan Vipers team folded which allowed all of their players to become free agents.  Steve was offered a contract to play Major Junior this season but has opted to join the Clippers and pursue an NCAA Scholarship.

Coach Vandekamp had this to say when asked about the addition of Steve:

“We are very excited to add Steve to our lineup for the upcoming season.  He had very impressive numbers for a first year Junior ‘A’ player last season and we are looking forward to seeing him develop into a good offensive forward for us this year.  He is a smart player who will bring skill and offensive creativity to our lineup.  I am very familiar with the group that Steve has been training with this off season and I am confident that he has the character and work ethic that we want to build our team around.  The Clippers welcome Steve and his Family to the team and look forward to seeing him here at Main Camp on Aug. 20th.”

F Steve Hladin (94)