Monday, July 23, 2012

Cowichan Valley-Dauphin Trade:

The Cowichan Valley Capitals have shored up their defence corps by swinging a pretty big deal with the MJHL's Dauphin Kings.

With only Karver Everson (93) and Troy Paterson (92) listed on the 2012-13 Caps roster as returning blueliners, Cowichan Valley Head Coach & GM Jim Ingram acquired D Tyler Mueller (94) from Dauphin for D David London (94) and future considerations.

I realize that London is also a defenceman, but he and Mueller had pretty much the same number of points in 2011-12 and Mueller is a year younger, so that likely made him attractive as a target.

No word officially from either team, but the trade has been posted on both the BCHL and MJHL sites. (Although the BCHL lists Mueller as a 1992-born goaltender on its' site, that must be an error because I can't find any record anywhere of a goaltender with that name, let alone one who played in Dauphin last season.)

To Cowichan Valley Capitals:
D Tyler Mueller (94)
To Dauphin Kings:
D David London (93)