Thursday, June 14, 2012

Prince George-Oakville Trade:

For the second time in just over a week, the Prince George Spruce Kings have hooked up with the Oakville Blades of the OJHL on a trade.

This time, the Spruce Kings send F Patrick Chore (93) and future considerations to the Blades for F Liam Board (93). Chore never really got on track offensively with PG after joining the Sprucies from the KIJHL's North Okanagan Knights, where he averaged more than a point per game in 25 games. He only had four assists in 37 games at the junior 'A' level.

I'll admit I don't know much about Board, but upon first glance, he looks like the type of player who could be poised for a breakout season in his second-to-last year of junior 'A' hockey. Granted, there are some differences between the BCHL and the OJHL and despite those, I would think that Board should slot somewhere onto the top or second line in Prince George.

To Prince George:
F Liam Board (93)
To Oakville:
F Patrick Chore (93)
& Future Considerations

Here's the release from the Spruce Kings website:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PRINCE GEORGE, BC – The Prince George Spruce Kings of the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) have acquired Liam Board from the Oakville Blades of the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL) in exchange for Patrick Chore and future considerations.

Liam Board is a '93 born 6 foot 185 pound forward from Oakville, ON who is coming off his first season with the Oakville Blades. In 43 regular season games, Board has a record of 17 goals, 18 assists and 34 minutes in penalties.

"We're very happy to be able to acquire Liam from Oakville," said Spruce Kings General Manager, Mike Hawes. "He will be a big addition to our lineup next season as he is a solid two way player that can provide leadership on and off the ice. We have some big holes to fill this season with the departure of a number of players to NCAA programs; Liam will go a long way in helping us fill those vacancies."

Board and the rest of the Spruce Kings will now focus on their off-season preparations in advance of the team’s main training camp for the 2012-13 BCHL season which gets underway at the Prince George Coliseum on August 24, 2012.

The Prince George Spruce Kings would like to thank Patrick Chore for his contributions to the team during the 2011-12 season and wish him well in his future hockey career.