Thursday, June 7, 2012

Langley-Nanaimo Trade:

The Langley Rivermen have made their second trade in the last few weeks as they moved out F Jackson Playfair (94) to Nanaimo for future considerations.

Word is that Playfair asked for a change of scenery from Langley and the Rivermen accommodated. With the Clippers, he gets a chance to play in the inaugural Western Canada Cup between the BCHL, AJHL, SJHL and MJHL as Nanaimo is the host for the 2013 tournament.

To Nanaimo:
F Jackson Playfair (94)
To Langley:
Future Considerations

Here's the release from the Clippers website:

The Nanaimo Clippers Hockey Club are pleased to announce the acquisition of 18 year old forward Jackson Playfair from the Langley Rivermen in exchange for future considerations. The 6'2" 208lb Fort St. James native played his first season in the BCHL with Langley last season. He tallied 6 goals and 12 assists for 18 points along with 69 penalty minutes.

Coach Vandekamp: "We are very excited to add Jackson to our lineup. He is a big, strong, power forward who will add to the competitive nature of our team. He is a hard working, physical player, who will have a strong presence both on the ice and in our dressing room. He is a young player with a bright future in a Clippers uniform and we look forward to seeing Jackson on the ice in August."

Here's the release from the Rivermen blog:

The Langley Rivermen Junior “A” Hockey club has traded forward Jackson Playfair (1994) to the Nanaimo Clippers for future considerations. In his first BCHL season, the Fort St. James native played in 53 games recording 6 goals, 12 assists and 69 penalty minutes.

Playfair got off to a bit of a slow start at the beginning of the season, but as the season went along he really found his game. At 6’2, 206 pounds and still growing, Playfair should compliment the Clippers line-up if he plays up to his capabilities.

At the year-end awards banquet, Playfair was named the Rivermen’s most improved player.

The Rivermen organization would like to wish Jackson all the best in Nanaimo.