Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Salmon Arm-Cowichan Valley Trade:

The Salmon Arm Silverbacks made their third trade in the last week and this one is a biggie as their captain is on his way to the BCHL's Coastal Conference leaders.

In this move, the Gorillas send F Brett Knowles (91) to Cowichan Valley for F Travis Stephens (93) and future considerations.

By moving F Bryce Gervais (92) earlier this season and now their second leading scorer and captain, it would appear that the Silverbacks are in full sell mode leading up to the January 10th trade deadline.

Now all eyes turn to other non-returnees for next year from Salmon Arm like F Morgan Zulinick (94), F Kody Dhaliwal (91), F Myles McCauley (91), D James Friedel (91), F Garrett Hendrickson (92) and Kurt Williams (91) to see if they're on the market to be dealt.

Obviously I don't think Williams will be traded due to the fact that his dad owns the team, but I would say that the other five players are strong candidates to be moved.

Here's how this deal breaks down...

To Cowichan Valley:
F Brett Knowles (91)

To Salmon Arm: