Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Prince George-Canmore Trade:

The Prince George Spruce Kings filled out their last roster spot, acquiring F Zack Rassell (92) from the AJHL's Canmore Eagles for future considerations.

To Prince George:
F Zack Rassell (92)

To Canmore:
Future Considerations

Here's the official release from the Spruce Kings website:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PRINCE GEORGE, BC – The Prince George Spruce Kings of the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) have acquired Zack Rassell from the Canmore Eagles of the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) in exchange for future considerations.

Zack Rassell is a 19 year old forward, 6' 1" 192 lbs, from Calgary, AB with three seasons in the AJHL and a record of 20 goals and 37 assists in 123 games.

"We're excited to get Zack because he will help strengthen an already strong forward group," said Spruce Kings General Manager, Mike Hawes. "He is a quality player that is good at both ends of the ice and has put up good numbers in the Alberta junior league. We look forward to him doing the same here with us and are excited for his arrival in Prince George."

Zack Rassell is expected to be with the Spruce Kings in time for the team's three game Interior Division road trip. The Spruce Kings are in Chilliwack Friday night, Penticton Saturday night and Vernon Sunday afternoon.
---
BCHL TRADE TRACKER (since Dec. 1):
Trades Made: 35
Trades Made Within BCHL: 13