Thursday, January 5, 2012

Former Merritt Forward Mike Hamilton Bolts EIHL's Fife Flyers for ECHL's South Carolina Stingrays:

For the second time in the last couple of weeks, the British Elite League's Fife Flyers have lost a player who is a former BCHL skater.

After Matt Siddall left for Medvescak Zagreb of the Austrian Hockey League last week, now former Merritt Centennials forward Mike Hamilton has left the Flyers to join the South Carolina Stingrays of the East Coast Hockey League.

F Mike Hamilton

Here's the release from the Fife Flyers website:

Fife Flyers regret to announce that forward, Mike Hamilton has left the club to join a team in North America's ECHL. The team in South Carolina is coached by a friend of Hamilton and the player hopes to use this move as a stepping stone to playing in the AHL.

Director Jack Wishart commented, 'This is a blow for the club so soon after the departure of Siddall to Zagreb but unfortunately there is little we can do about the situation. What we can promise our fans is that we are working vigorously to replace these players as soon as we can and Todd (Dutiaume) has several targets in his sights.'

Hamilton has left the club with immediate effect.
---
BCHL TRADE TRACKER (since Dec. 1):
Trades Made: 14
Trades Made Within BCHL: 5