Saturday, December 31, 2011

Salmon Arm-Coquitlam Trade:

Salmon Arm and Coquitlam hooked up on a trade late Thursday night with D Taylor Love going to the Silverbacks for future considerations. There's been no confirmation of the deal on either team's website, nor under 'Transactions' on the BCHL site, but the Express did confirm it on their Twitter account and Love made his Silverbacks debut on Friday against Vernon.

To Salmon Arm:
D Taylor Love (92)

To Coquitlam:
Future Considerations

Penticton Signs Former Surrey Defenceman D.J. Jones:

Two weeks after being released by Surrey following the Eagles signing of F Trevor Cameron, D D.J. Jones (92) has been signed by Penticton as a free agent.

The Wayzata, Minnesota native had been practicing with the Vees prior to the Christmas break on a tryout of sorts. Jones is a former teammate of Penticton star Mario Lucia.

Here are the stats on Jones:

Friday, December 30, 2011

Former BCHL Forward Matt Siddall Signs With Medvescak Zagreb:

Former Powell River Kings and Langley Hornets F Matt Siddall has left the Fife Flyers of the British Elite Hockey League, where he was a player/assistant coach, and joined Medvescak Zagreb of the Erste Bank Hockey League (Austria).

Here's the line on Siddall:

Matt Siddall new players in Zagreb bears BRLOGA

And although loosely translated, here's the release from Medvescak's website:

Canadian Matt Siddall new reinforcement Zagreb bears. The 27-year-old hockey player was born in Vancouver, where he made the first hockey steps.

The KHL Zagreb Centar comes from the British EIHL (Elite Ice Hockey League) team Fife Flyers in which this season has played 32 matches and reached 31 points.

Siddall has played four seasons for the University of Northern Michigan, where he played with the new-old team-mate Geoff Waugh. That same season, when he entered college, Siddall has been selected and the NHL Draft pick as''270''9-round draft pick by the Atlanta Trashers (now Winnipeg Jets). In four seasons playing in the NCAA college-division has appeared in 147 games and scored 76 points.

Since the 2008/2009 season. to 2010/2011. Siddall has played 20 games in the AHL in the Chicago Wolves, and even 177 games in the ECHL in playing for the team's Gwinnett Gladiators and Victoria Salmon Kings. In the season 2011/2012. signed to EIHL team Fife Flyers in which he was the assistant coach.

Matt Siddall comes in Zagreb as the third replacement of the season. Unfortunately due to severe injuries Pascal Morencya, we were forced to look for players who will replace him, take his position and strengthen the team. Siddall is a player who a lot of work for the team on the ice and off ice, and we believe will be a valuable member of the team, but also the community. We hope that you will quickly fit in, and even faster to play with his new teammates - said in front of the KHL Zagreb Centar general manager of the club Markoantonio Belinić.

It is expected that Matt Siddall to join the team Monday, the 2nd January, and its premiere in front of Zagreb's audience should have the first match in the Arena Ice Fever spectacle against Slovenian Acroni Jesenice.

Counting BCHL Alumni in the NHL:

Many following the BC Hockey League count it as the best junior 'A' league in Canada and it got me thinking about how many current NHL rosters feature alumni from the BCHL.

Alan at the "Small Thoughts At Large" blog did the same calculation for the WHL, so I thought I would for the BCHL.

Number of Alumni in the NHL by BCHL Franchise:

Coquitlam: 5
Nanaimo: 5
Penticton: 5
Salmon Arm: 3
Alberni Valley: 2
Chilliwack: 2
Langley: 2
Surrey: 2
Vernon: 2
Victoria: 2
Kelowna: 1
Powell River: 1
Prince George: 1

And the team-by-team listing of each player, with their current NHL club:

Coquitlam (5): (Milan Lucic - Boston, David Jones - Colorado, Brandon Yip - Colorado, Kyle Turris - Ottawa, Andrew Ladd - Winnipeg)
Nanaimo (5): (Ryan O'Byrne - Colorado, Jason Garrison - Florida, Colin Greening - Ottawa, Byron Bitz - Vancouver, Tanner Glass - Winnipeg)
Penticton (5): (Brendan Morrison - Calgary, Zac Dalpe - Carolina, Duncan Keith - Chicago, Chuck Kobasew - Colorado, Ryan Johansen - Columbus)
Salmon Arm (3): (Riley Nash - Carolina, Travis Zajac - New Jersey, Andrew Ebbett - Vancouver)
Alberni Valley (2): (Paul Gaustad - Buffalo, Harry Zolnierczyk - Philadelphia)
Chilliwack (2): (Carey Price - Montreal, Brett Festerling - Winnipeg)
Langley (2): (Shawn Horcoff - Edmonton, David Van Der Gulik - Colorado)
Surrey (2): (Ben Maxwell - Anaheim, Scott Gomez - Montreal)
Vernon (2): (Mike Santorelli - Florida, Aaron Volpatti - Vancouver)
Victoria (2): (Jamie Benn - Dallas, Tyler Bozak - Toronto)
Kelowna (1): (Willie Mitchell - Los Angeles)
Powell River (1): (Clayton Stoner - Minnesota)
Prince George (1): (Rod Pelley - Anaheim)

Couple notes:

- Remember that these are FRANCHISE counts. So the Chilliwack count includes players who may only have played with the Quesnel Millionaires and the Langley count includes former Chilliwack Chiefs players.

- Players who played for more than one BCHL team are credited to the franchise they made the biggest impact with.

- There are four BCHL teams which don't feature an alumni in the NHL: Cowichan Valley, Merritt, Trail and Westside.

- And lastly, this is a snapshot in time only. Obviously there are many other BCHL alumni who are currently in the AHL and who may even have played games in the NHL this season, but they are not currently on NHL rosters TODAY and therefore they aren't counting in these totals.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Chilliwack Defenceman David Thompson Commits to Penn State:

The Chilliwack Chiefs have their first college commitment since relocating from Quesnel as D David Thompson (92) has accepted a scholarship to Penn State University.

The Pennsylvania native won't head to his home state for school until the Fall of 2013, so the Chiefs will have his services for one more season after 2011-12.

D David Thompson (92)

Here's the official release from the Chiefs website:

The Chilliwack Chiefs organization would like to congratulate defenseman David Thompson on his acceptance of a scholarship to Penn State University beginning with the 2013-14 season.

Thompson, in his second BCHL season leads all Chiefs defensemen in scoring with four goals and 12 assists in 31 games.

"He's just settling in to become a nasty player to play against with all kinds of ability," said Chiefs Head Coach HarveySmyl. "He's very deserving of this scholarship. It's nice to see him rewarded for all his hard work."

Forward Ben Greiner Signs With Langley:

After speculating where F Ben Greiner (93) would wind up after being released from Surrey following the Eagles signing of F Trevor Cameron (92), he's now resurfaced with the Langley Rivermen.

Despite reports that Greiner played with the Rivermen last night in their 6-1 loss to Cowichan Valley, there's no evidence on either Langley's roster or the box score from the game. Regardless, he is listed on the Rivermen's roster.

F Ben Greiner (93)

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merritt Defenceman Brandon Pfeil Commits to Brown University:

The Merritt Centennials have their second commitment for the 2012-13 season as now D Brandon Pfeil (92) is off to Brown University starting in September. Pfeil is the second Cents' defenceman to commit as well, after Reece Willcox committed to Cornell University two weeks ago.

Here's the line on Pfeil:

Here's the release from the Cents' website:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Merritt, BC - December 28, 2011

The Merritt Centennials are please to announce the commitment of defenceman Brandon Pfeil to Brown University starting with the 2012-13 season.

Pfeil has played 83 games over the last two seasons with the Cents and has already eclipsed his point total from the 2010-11 season. To this point in his BCHL career, the 6'2" West Vancouver native has posted 13 goals and 27 assists. Three of his career goals have been game-winners. Pfeil also had 1 goal in 4 playoff games last season.

"As an organization we are extremely proud of Brandon’s commitment to Brown University next season," said Cents GM and Head Coach Luke Pierce. "Brandon has come a long way and established himself as an elite defenceman in our league."

"He is vital to our success and has provided significant offence from our blueline," Pierce continued. "Brandon is the second player in as many weeks to commit to an Ivy League school and much like Reece Willcox, his hard work both in the classroom and on the ice has provided him this fantastic opportunity."

"Brandon has been an excellent representative of the Merritt Centennials organization and will be very successful in his future endeavours," added Pierce. "We fully expect him to contribute immediately at Brown and to remain a key contributor to our line-up for the remainder of this season."

For further information, please contact Cents Head Coach and GM Luke Pierce at 250-378-3607.

The Merritt Centennials, proudly celebrating 39 seasons as the BCHL's longest continuously run franchise, is a non-profit, community owned Junior 'A' Hockey Club run by a dedicated team of investors, directors, and volunteers.

Stay current with the latest team news by visiting www.merrittcentennials.com. In addition, stay connected with the Cents on Facebook (/merrittcentennials) and Twitter (@merrittcents)

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

BCHL Prospects Playing at Mac's Midget Tournament:

The annual Mac's Midget Tournament is underway in Calgary through to January 1st.

There are a number of players taking part who have skated in the BCHL this season as affiliate players/prospects. I've taken this format from the Small Thoughts At Large WHL blog.

If you are interested in following your team's prospects in this year's tourney, the Mac's website is linked earlier in this post and they'll have game summaries there as the tournament progresses.

And to help you know which prospects your team has in the tournament, here's the list of BCHL prospects in this year's tournament, by midget team. I've given the player name, his position and birth year and the BCHL team owning his AP rights for this season.

If I've missed a player or messed up some info on a player, corrections are most welcome.

Cariboo Cougars:
Chase Astorino (F-94) - Prince George
Hayden-James Berra (F-94) - Prince George
Tanner Fjellstrom (F-94) - Prince George
Eli Jarvis (F-95) - Powell River
Jake LeBrun (F-95) - Prince George
Tyler Povelofskie (F-96) - Prince George
Colby Braaten (D-94) - Prince George
Kenny Nordstrom (D-96) - Prince George
Nathan Warren (G-95) - Prince George

Greater Vancouver Canadians:
Matthew Ho (D-94) - Powell River

Valley West Hawks:
Sam Chatterley (F-95) - Surrey
Mitchell Friesen (F-96) - Surrey
Rhett Willcox (F-96) - Merritt
Latrell Charleson (D-95) - Prince George
Jordan Klimek (D-95) - Surrey
Justin Klimek (D-94) - Surrey
Jerret Smith (D-95) - Surrey

Vancouver Northeast Chiefs:
Truman Gonzales (F-95) - Cowichan Valley
Jace Hennig (F-95) - Coquitlam
Nick Hermary (F-95) - Coquitlam
Adam Rockwood (F-95) - Coquitlam
Jamie Waddington (F-94) - Cowichan Valley
Daniel Urbani (G-95) - Penticton

Vancouver Northwest Giants:
Mitch Crisanti (F-94) - Alberni Valley
Cam Marks (D-95) - Penticton

Upon looking at the players taking part in the tournament who are affiliated with BCHL clubs, there are a number of teams who don't have any representation. They are Chilliwack, Langley, Nanaimo, Salmon Arm, Trail, Vernon, Victoria and Westside.

Players in the tournament this year, by BCHL club:

Prince George: 9
Surrey: 5
Coquitlam: 3
Cowichan Valley: 2
Penticton: 2
Powell River: 2
Alberni Valley: 1
Merritt: 1

Former BCHL Defenceman Dave Simoes Signed By CHL's Missouri Mavericks:

D Dave Simoes, who played in the BCHL from 2001-06 with five different teams (Prince George, Williams Lake, Victoria, Merritt, Burnaby) has been signed by the Central Hockey League's Missouri Mavericks for the remainder of the 2011-12 season.

Here are the career statistics of the Vanderhoof native:

Here's the story on the signing from the Mavericks website:

December 27, 2011

MAVERICKS CONTINUE TO SHUFFLE ROSTER
Missouri signs defenseman Dave Simoes, trades defenseman and goaltender

INDEPENDENCE, Missouri – The Missouri Mavericks announced Tuesday the Central Hockey League (CHL) club has signed defenseman Dave Simoes, traded defenseman Zach Carriveau, and traded goaltender Brian Mahoney-Wilson to the Bloomington Blaze. The Mavericks also announcec forward Carlyle Lewis has been activated from injured reserve.

“This is a move that allows us to add stability and leadership to our hockey club,” said Mavericks’ Head Coach Scott Hillman. “We have been working very hard to improve the performance of our blue line, and David Simoes is a veteran of the CHL that our fans will appreciate. He plays a hard-nosed brand of hockey. We are excited to make this change and wish Zach and Brian great success with their new clubs. They both made significant contributions to our club in their short time with us.”

Simoes, 26 (3/9/85), returns to the CHL after starting this season with the Louisiana IceGators of the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL). In 17 games with the IceGators, the Vanderhoof, British Columbia native accounted for 10 points (2-8=10) and 38 penalty minutes.

Prior to playing in Louisiana, the 5-foot-10, 205-pound defenseman played the previous four seasons in the CHL with five different teams. Simoes has played in a total of 219 CHL contests with 47 points (10-37=47) and he has added 672 penalty minutes.

He played five seasons of junior hockey in the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) before turning pro.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Farewell to Making Cents:

I know there hasn't been a lot of activity on the blog lately, and that's because my life has undergone some major changes.

You likely noticed the new header a couple of weeks ago which removed my references (at least graphically) to both the Centennials and Q101 and also introduced a new name for the blog. I also removed the Canucks logo too, but that had nothing to do with personal changes in my life or pledging allegiance to another NHL team. It's simply because I want Brian's Banter to be a hub for BCHL info and although I'll obviously mention the NHL, it won't be a focus at all.

As of last Friday, December 9th, I am no longer employed at Q101 in Merritt. I had an amazing nine and a half years there with Radio NL at first, and then with Q101 for the last two years, but this fall, an opportunity presented itself to me that I just couldn't give up. And with that, I started my new job as Assistant Instructor with BCIT's Radio Program and Operations Manager for Evolution 107.9 here in Burnaby.

How the new job affects me is that I've moved from Merritt to the Lower Mainland and although my accommodations are temporary right now, the move is a permanent one. I'm definitely going to miss everyone in Merritt who listened to the Brian Wiebe Morning Show for the last nine years and truly appreciate all the kind words and support.

How the new job affects the Centennials is that I'm no longer webmaster, etc. for the club, although I will continue to help on a volunteer basis with alumni information and media releases, etc. There are a number of things I can do from afar to maintain a good working relationship with the entire Cents organization and I plan to do those things as long as they let me.

And finally, the relocation from Merritt to the Lower Mainland affects the blog in that, as mentioned earlier, it's no longer going to be a strict Merritt focus. Over the last six months, I've been gradually moving towards a more broad BCHL focus anyway, that was my plan before this new job even came to fruition. That focus takes effect immediately, although I plan on still keeping the Centennials facts, etc. on the left hand side for now. They will likely be relocated in the future, just not right now.

I want to thank Elizabeth Laird, Al Clarke (who's been a Cents fan almost longer than anyone in the Nicola Valley) and everyone I've worked with during my time at Merritt Broadcasting Ltd. for encouraging and supporting the extensive BCHL and Centennials coverage on the air, not only during the morning show, but throughout the entire programming day - year round - with sports stories, promos, interviews, etc. I'm sure the coverage of the Cents in Merritt will continue to be second-to-none with Alex and Graham Turnbull at the station. I hope my replacement has even a fraction of as much interest in the BCHL and the Centennials as I do.

I also have to thank all of the play-by-play announcers I've had the priviledge of working with in Merritt. Starting out with Todd Miller (now voice of the Vernon Vipers), Marlon Martens (who I replaced on the morning show and is now calling Victoria Royals games), Keegan Goodrich (now working in media relations for Hockey Canada in Calgary) to Alex Grebenyuk, who's grown immensely as a broadcaster since I hired him four years ago. A huge thanks goes out to all past and current BCHL broadcasters as well for their cooperation.

Within the Cents organization, there are too many people over the years to mention who have been so helpful and accommodating (most of the time) to my requests. I apologize if I miss mentioning you, I assure you that it doesn't underscore your efforts nor diminish my appreciation of our time working together. From the Board of Directors level, special thanks - in no particular order - to Rick Mettler, Fred Riley, Saug Sekhon, Don Jones, Cathy Frizzell, Tom Reynolds, Patrick Lindsay, Josh Statham, John Morash, Gary Dixon, Jerry Canuel, Brian Barrett, Beth Nadeau, Betty Doberstein, Nonie Miyazaki, Frank Rizzardo, Tod Dean, Scott Hostrawser, Paul & Andrea Barnes, Frank Etchart, Harry Doberstein and Rusty Brewer just to name a few.

On the coaching level, I have to thank Al Glendinning, Joey Bouchard, Dylan Forsythe, Luke Pierce, Joe Martin, Joe Quewezance, Gilles Leberre, John Bradley, Bill Birks, Richard Molenaar, Tyler Forsythe, Chad DeLeeuw, Wayne Wittal, Kyla Knox, Jason Kitzan and Paul Ayotte. Again, I apologize if I've missed anyone.

There are countless volunteers who devote their precious time to the Centennials to ensure that they remain the BCHL's longest continuously-run franchise. Thank you to all the volunteers who helped make my time in Merritt so enjoyable.

I've also had the pleasure of connecting with some of the Cents alumni through Facebook and it seems that almost all of them look fondly upon their time in Merritt, just as I will. It certainly seems that being involved on any level with the Centennials has left a positive impression on them and they consider themselves part of the community forever. I definitely consider Merritt a second home now and will always proudly talk of the Centennials and the efforts by all involved to keep the smallest market in the BCHL with a team.

One of the most-asked questions I've gotten since I've told people I am working at the station that carries Coquitlam Express games is whether my allegiances now shifts to that franchise. The short answer is no. I can't imagine myself cheering for any other team in the BCHL other than the Centennials. They are in different conferences, so we'll see how things go once I'm settled in.

And with this blog shifting from a Centennials focus, the door has opened for Alex to take over the Merritt aspect of blogging and you can find his blog at centscentral.blogspot.com. I know I'll be checking it every day!

So although this is the end of the "Making Cents" Merritt Centennials blog as you know it, this the beginning of what I hope becomes THE online source for all BCHL coverage (next to the official league site of course!) with "Brian's Banter". So please leave comments, share stories and share, tweet and Facebook anything you think anyone else might like to read. Thanks for stopping by!

Please make a note that very soon, the new URL for the blog will be http://bchlbriansbanter.blogspot.com. So change your bookmarks!

Cheers,
Brian

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cents Featured In Today's BCHL Insider Newsletter:

The Centennials are profiled in the BCHL Insider Newsletter as sent out by the league office today.

Cents In Rarified Air Of Interior Conference For The First Time In A Long Time

At this point, it seems unlikely anyone is going to catch the Penticton Vees for the Interior Conference lead. But the season is just approaching the halfway point and the team with the best shot at catching them is the Merritt Centennials.

Yes, you read that right. The Cents, who haven't had a winning record since the 2005-06 season and staggered to consecutive 13-win seasons in 2008 and 2009, are in second place with a 15-7-2-4 record.

Merritt native Luke Pierce, who really began putting his stamp on this club at the start of last season, is the youngest coach in the league at 28 but is already getting results with his hometown team.

"This all started at the beginning of last year," said Pierce. who was a forward in his playing days with the Cents and Vernon Vipers before going to school at Royal Military College for five seasons. "I don't think there's any real secret to it; it's a great bunch of kids and we're a balanced team."

While the team isn't a real high-scoring bunch, leaders Regan Soquila, Chad Brears and Evan Stack are reliable and every night it seems another player is making the difference.

"Throughout our lineup, I could name every guy and they've all contributed," said Pierce. "We try to use four lines as much as we can, our goalies (Lino Chimienti and Tyler Steel) are splitting (playing time) and that speaks to the unselfishness of our group, which is rare in today's game."

Still, there are some rough spots Pierce would like to iron out. The team has allowed more goals (90) than it has scored (88), and is second-last in the BCHL in both power play and penalty killing. Yet they're getting timely saves and goals and are 6-2-1-1 over their last 10 games.

"I think the goals for and against, obviously we didn't have a great start (to the season) and if you crop that out, we'd have a much better stat there," said Pierce. "We went a long stretch there without Reece Willcox (who was at the World Junior A Challenge) and Brandon Pfeil was hurt for a while. It's a part of our game we want to improve on. Every team has something they need to work on and that's ours."

And fans in the Nicola Valley have not failed to take notice. Attendance is up significantly over last year's average and some recent games have seen near-capacity crowds pack Nicola Valley Arena.

"It's been great," said Pierce. "The town is excited about it. The results have changed here but they just expect a good effort; that's what junior hockey is all about."

Former Centennials Defenceman Kevin Willison Named Head Coach of Alberni Valley Bulldogs::

This is posted on the Alberni Valley Bulldogs website today:

December 7th, 2011
For Immediate Release

The Alberni Valley Bulldogs are pleased to announce Kevin Willison as the teams new Head Coach.

Kevin comes with a long history of playing and coaching in the professional and amateur levels. Kevin was drafted by the St. Louis Blues 72nd overall in the 1978 draft. He proceeded to have a tremendous career in the IHL playing seven seasons of Pro with Port Huron, Muskegon and Milwaukee. In 2004 his jersey was retired by the Milwaukee Admirals honouring his time with the club. He was twice awarded the Governors Trophy which is awarded to the top defensemen in the league. He also spent one season as the Head Coach of the Milwaukee Admirals of the IHL and one season as the Head Coach of the Virginia Lancers of the East Coast Hockey League.

Kevin’s amateur coaching career spans from minor hockey in the city of Calgary for multiple years prior to taking on a position with the Edge School in Calgary as the Head Coach of their prep midget team where they were consistently a top team in western Canada. Most recently Kevin was the head coach of the Olds Grizzlies in the AJHL where he has just resigned from last week.

Kevin has coached young notable players such as Taylor Hall of the Edmonton Oilers and Matt Dumba of the Red Deer Rebels who is an invitee to the Canadian World Junior Team along with the Bulldogs very own Brandon Halls.

“We are very excited to be able to find a coach of Kevin’s calibre at this time of year and believe he will bring with him the discipline, work ethic and experience that will give us a chance to be a playoff hockey club”, stated president Andy Oakes.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Cents Get Honourable Mention in CJHL Top 20:

For the second time this season, the Centennials received an honourable mention in the CJHL Top 20 rankings after a 1-1-1-0 record last week that included a win and tie against Vernon and a loss to Trail.

Here's the official release:

The Canadian Junior Hockey League today announced its Weekly Top 20 rankings. Last week’s rankings and the leagues in which the teams belong to are in parenthesis.
The weekly rankings are selected in consultation with NHL Central Scouting and are proudly presented by PlayingUpHockey.com:

  1. Woodstock Slammers(MHL) (1)
  2. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (2)
  3. Penticton Vees(BCHL) (4)
  4. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (5)
  5. Fort McMurray Oil Barons(AJHL) (3)
  6. Trenton Golden Hawks(OJHL) (6)
  7. Nepean Raiders (CCHL) (7)
  8. Dauphin Kings(MJHL) (9)
  9. Wisconsin Wilderness(SIJHL) (10)
  10. Newmarket Hurricanes(OJHL) (8)
  11. Soo Thunderbirds(NOJHL) (13)
  12. Brooks Bandits(AJHL) (14)
  13. Wellington Dukes(OJHL) (15)
  14. Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL) (17)
  15. Carleton Place Canadians(CCHL) (12)
  16. St. Michael’s Buzzers(OJHL) (11)
  17. Portage Terriers(MJHL) (16)
  18. Cowichan Valley Capitals (BCHL) (HM)
  19. Winnipeg Blues(MJHL) (19)
  20. Les Cougars du College Champlain - Sherbrooke(LHJAAAQ) (20)

Honourable Mention: Merritt Centennials (BCHL), Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL), Humboldt Broncos (SJHL), Georgetown Raiders (OJHL), Cornwall Colts (CCHL).

Weekly rankings are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the teams play, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.

The CJHL is comprised of the ten Junior A hockey leagues across Canada. More information on the CJHL can be found by clicking on the league website. www.cjhlhockey.com

Friday, December 2, 2011

Summary of December 1st Moves:

Details are starting to trickle in about the trades made ahead of last night's roster deadline.

Although none of these moves have been confirmed by the BCHL, they've all been reported by the teams themselves or media outlets in the team's market.

As I continue to hear about more moves, I'll keep updating this thread. I did receive confirmation from Centennials Coach and GM Luke Pierce that he wasn't active in making any deals yesterday.

Prince George Spruce Kings-St. Albert Steel Trade

To Prince George:
G Ty Swabb (92)

To St. Albert:
F Stefan Bazar (92)

Westside Warriors-Okotoks Oilers Trade

To Westside:
F Marcus Basara (93)

To Okotoks:
F Tyler Krause (91)

+ Future Considerations

In addition to acquiring Basara, Westside also released F Taylor Fauchoux (92) and reassigned D Mitch Steinke (94) to the KIJHL's Kelowna Chiefs.

Trail Smoke Eaters-Nanaimo Clippers Trade

To Trail:
F Tanner Clarkson (93)

+ Future Considerations

To Nanaimo:
F Adam Boytinck (92)

D Nicholas Wong (91)

Nanaimo Clippers-Grande Prairie Storm Trade

To Nanaimo:
F Dan Correale (91)

F Mike Sones (92)

To Grande Prairie:
F Adam Boytinck (92) & D Nicholas Wong (91)

Victoria Grizzlies-OCN Blizzard Trade

To Victoria:
F Mike Collins (91)

To OCN Blizzard: