Friday, April 29, 2011

Team Is Langley Chiefs No More:

Here's another article from Langley about the new ownership and new name for the Chiefs:

By Heather Colpitts, Langley Advance April 29, 2011 4:03 AM

The Langley Chiefs are now officially the Langley Rivermen.

The name change comes with a change of ownership, a deal now approved by the BCHL.

"We take over the team June 1,"Roy Henderson, one of the new owners, told the Langley Advance.

Henderson, 61, and his brother John, a 65-year-old accountant, own the franchise after receiving approval from the league and the league franchise committee.

Roy was a Philadelphia Flyers scout who has worked at various levels of sports and hockey organizations. He was GM of the Langley Thunder and hopes to bring some of that experience to the Rivermen, namely the close connection between the community and the team.

"It's a community team," he said. "We've got to get a better relationship with minor hockey. We've got to give just as much to the community as we take."

That means working with other hockey groups in the community to watch and help develop talent.

"We've got to bring the right players in that will impress the community," Henderson said. "We're hoping to grab some kids right in the community."

BCHL board of governors chair Darcy Rota said the league is pleased to welcome the new owners.

"We're excited to add their passion for Junior A hockey to the BCHL, and I'm looking forward to hearing their ideas as new stakeholders in our league," he said.

The Hendersons have been working on the improvements they plan for the team even before the final approval came through.

"We already went down and visted with Tourism Langley," Roy said.

That was to find out all about the community events and groups. Roy said the team has to be more involved in the community, let its volunteers know how vital they are and have a better connection with sponsors.

"We've got to get more fans in the seats," Roy added.

The Hendersons take ownership of the club from the previous group which included Moray Keith, Heinz Hasselman, coach Harvey Smyl and Jim Bond.

The sale could mean moves for the Hendersons, currently based in Chilliwack.

In addition to having been the Thunder GM and a Flyers scout, Roy has run Global Sports Scouting for about two decades in Chilliwack. He's off to Chicago for hockey camps, where he will be looking for potential Rivermen talent.

The team already has its talent behind the bench but Roy would not disclose who is going to be the coach/GM.

The Rivermen will be looking to make hockey games more of an event that offers something for the whole family, such as kids activities.

"It's not going to be just a hockey game," Roy said.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Prospera Centre Owners Negotiating With Owners of BCHL's Millionaires:

We've heard from the Quesnel side of things as it relates to the sale of the Millionaires, but now here's the latest from the Chilliwack side:

By Tyler Olsen, Chilliwack Times

The operators of Prospera Centre are in discussions with the owners of the Quesnel Millionaires about possibly bringing the struggling British Columbia Hockey League franchise to Chilliwack next year.

Glen Ringdal, a consultant working with Prospera Centre owners Chiefs Development Group, confirmed to the Times that CDG spoke to Millionaires part owner Bob Sales Wednesday evening.

He said they spoke "just to see what their situation is and what ours is."

Ringdal said that no offer has been made for the club but that another talk was planned.

"I'm going to meet with them again and we're going to see if we've moved any closer," said Ringdal. "They had to go away and think about some things and we had to go think about some things. So we'll see."

Ringdal said there is no imminent announcement and that CDG has "10 days to two weeks" to make a decision about bringing a hockey team to Chilliwack.

The Millionaires have been bleeding money in recent years while the city lobbied the province and federal government—and even the CBC—for help funding a new arena.

In a submission to CBC's Hockeyville contest last year, Millionaires part-owner Kit Collins pleaded for help funding a new rink.

"Quesnel has the reputaion for the worst arena in the BCHL," she wrote. "It is the smallest and most uncomfortable for fans to sit. Please help us."

Ringdal said that the Millionaires are just one of the groups with whom CDG is speaking, but wouldn't name the others.

"There's still three leagues that have some potential," he said, "the WHL, the BCHL and the ECHL."

Ringdal said CDG has "not closed the door" on the possibility of bringing a Western Hockey League team to Chilliwack, but said CDG and the WHL haven't spoken in two weeks.

Ringdal said that CDG badly wants to have a hockey team playing out of Prospera Centre next year, but that a hockey tenant isn't absolutely necessary for the building to be profitable and that "we have to be responsible because our shareholder is the city and the taxpayer has not given us the right to put it into the hole by subsidizing a hockey team."

He said any BCHL team would have to operate without a subsidy from the community, but that Chilliwack's fan base should make that possible.

The way has also been cleared for a BCHL team in Chilliwack to be named the Chiefs after the announcement this week that the Langley Chiefs will be rebranded as the Rivermen next year.

Beyond hockey, Ringdal said CDG will try to respond to requests to expand the breadth of Prospera Centre's offerings.

"We are going to be working harder here at the building to attract additional events other than hockey," he said.

In the past, hockey scheduling has taken precedence and, Ringdal admitted, "with all due respect, we just haven't put enough effort into it."

Thursday Moves:

More notes on ex-BCHL players in the last few days. . . .

D Colton Jobke (Penticton, 2008-09) has signed an amateur tryout contract with Houston Aeros (AHL). Jobke had ten points (1g, 9a) and 84 PIM in 51 games with Kelowna Rockets (WHL) this past season. . . .

D Shawn Germain (Chilliwack, 2001-02) has inked a professional tryout agreement with Manchester Monarchs (AHL). He had 14 points (4g, 10a) in 43 games with Ontario Reign (ECHL) during the 2010-11 season. . . .

F Taylor Holst (Cowichan Valley/Quesnel, 2007-10) has signed one year contract with Vienna Capitals (Austria). Holst, who was born in Austria, had 15 points (7g, 8a) in 13 games with EC Salzburg II (Austria 2) before being called up to EC Salzburg (Austria). He had 6 points (5g, 1a) in 31 games at the higher level. . . .

F Brock Hooton (Quesnel, 2000-01) signed a one year contract extension with Schwenninger Wild Wings (Germany 2) for 2011-12. The Nanaimo product had 47 points (20g, 27a) in 47 games with the Wild Wings in 2010-11. . . .

F Kirk McDonald (Victoria, 2000-01) has been called up by Boston Bruins (NHL) from Providence Bruins (AHL). McDonald had 38 points (15g, 23a) in 76 games with Providence this season. . . .

F Andrew Lord (Burnaby/Vernon, 2001-04) has been reassigned to Wheeling Nailers (ECHL) by Oklahoma City Barons (AHL). Lord had 19 points (7g, 12a) in 26 games as the Nailers captain in 2010-11. He also posted 7 points (1g, 6a) in 37 AHL games split between Milwaukee Admirals and Oklahoma City. . . .

D Jody Pederson (Prince George, 2001-03) has been loaned by Worcester Sharks (AHL) to Stockton Thunder (ECHL). He posted three points (0g, 3a) in 11 games with Worcester in 2010-11 and seven points (1g, 6a) in 41 ECHL games split between Stockton and Elmira Jackals. . . .

Henderson's Take Over Langley, Rename Team "Rivermen":

New ownership, new name for Langley's junior hockey team
By Gary Ahuja - Langley Times

It's official, the Langley Rivermen will hit the ice next season.

The B.C. Hockey League announced the sale of the junior A hockey Chiefs on Wednesday.

The new owners are John and Roy Henderson, and they take over from the Chiefs ownership group, which included Moray Keith, Heinz Hasselmen, Harvey Smyl and Jim Bond.

John Henderson, 65, is a chartered accountant, while Roy, 61, has a background in hockey scouting and is president of Global Sports Scouting Services Inc.

Roy Henderson used to scout for the Philadelphia Flyers.

"We have a hockey background and the reason we got involved is it's another challenge in our lives," he said.

"We really believe in the mission of the BCHL to send players on to the college level."

Part of the sale agreement was that the former ownership group retained the right to the Chiefs name. Speculation has the BCHL returning to Chilliwack, as the town lost its Western Hockey League team to Victoria.

The Chiefs played in Chilliwack from 1990 to 2006 before moving to Langley.

Roy Henderson said they chose the name Rivermen because of the importance of the Fraser River to Langley.

"It fits the demographic of Langley," he said. "Without the Fraser River, there probably wouldn't be Fort Langley and Langley.

"We wanted something that Langley could call its own and it is part of the heritage."

The new ownership group is looking at a couple of logos.

They officially take over control of the franchise on June 1.

In the meantime, the brothers are meeting with as many people associated with the team as possible, such as the billets, volunteers and sponsors.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Millionaires Pack Vans, But Doors Not Shut

It appears to be a given that the Quesnel Millionaires are destined to become the Chilliwack Chiefs. Here's the latest from the Quesnel-Cariboo Observer:

Millionaires pack vans, but doors not shut
By Percy Hebert - Quesnel Cariboo Observer

The future of the Quesnel Millionaires in Quesnel is not bright.

The Mills haven't left town yet, but the vans are packed.

The owners of the Quesnel Millionaires have received an offer to purchase and relocate the team to Chilliwack, part owner of the Mills, Kit Collins said.

"But all options are still open," she added.

The other option is an offer to purchase the Mills and possibly keep them in Quesnel for at least a year if the team could not be moved to another city.

"It is evident no one wants to run it [the Mills team] in Quesnel," Collins said.

An announcement, Collins said, would be made this Friday, April 29.

Given the current financial situation of the Mills in Quesnel, Collins said a move to Chilliwack would be a win-win for all involved, not just the current owners.
javascript:void(0)
"It would be best for the players," Collins said of a move to Chilliwack that would see the Mills move into Prospera Centre, with two NHL-sized rinks and the main sheet of ice has seating for almost 5,000.

The potential move to Chilliwack was made possible by the recent sale and relocation of the Western Hockey League Chilliwack Bruins to Victoria.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Cents Announce 2011-12 Season Ticket Early Bird Deadline:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Merritt, BC – April 25, 2011

The Merritt Centennials reminds all current season ticket holders that the early bird deadline for 2011-12 season tickets is Saturday, April 30th.

Early bird prices are as follows:

* Adult $250
* Student $200
* Senior (60+)/Child (6-12) $170

Benefits and rewards of being a Merritt Centennials season ticket holder:

* VIP meet & greet with players and coaching staff
* Tour of the Centennials dressing room
* Exclusive team autograph session
* Chance to win an autographed Centennials jersey
* An exclusive Centennials Season Ticket Holder pin
* Invitation to Year End Awards Banquet
* Savings of up to $110 off the walk-up gate price!
* And much more!

To renew your season tickets or purchase a season ticket at the early bird price, please contact the Merritt Centennials Marketing Office at 250-378-3604 or visit the office located at 2185 B Voght Street, Merritt, BC.

-30-

For further information, please contact Cents Marketing Manager Rachael Sanders at 250-378-3604 or email marketing@merrittcentennials.com

The Merritt Centennials, proudly celebrating 38 years as the BCHL's longest continuously run franchise, are a non-profit, community owned Junior 'A' Hockey Club run by a dedicated team of investors, directors, and volunteers.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Former Cents Forward Dustin Johnson NOT Playing in Australia:

Turns out the number of websites listing former Cents forward Dustin Johnson with Canberra Knights (AIHL) are incorrect.

I sent a note to Johnson myself and got this response:

"hey Brian sorry but there has been a misunderstanding I'm not playing in Australia, I'm in Penticton haha."

I'm not sure if there's another player out there named Dustin Johnson who is playing in the Australian Ice Hockey League, but my guess is that there's no record online of this player and the websites listing the Dustin Johnson who played for the Centennials just assumed it was him.

Sorry for any confusion!

Former Cents Forward Dustin Johnson Joins Canberra Knights, Former Vees Captain Brett Hextall Signs with Phoenix:

I haven't seen any official news release from any source, but former Cents forward Dustin Johnson is on the roster of the Canberra Knights of the Australian Ice Hockey League. Johnson, who played 110 games with Merritt from 2008-10, scored for the Knights in their season opener today, a 7-3 loss to the Newcastle North Stars.

Canberra is the fourth team Johnson's been on this season. He started with the Centennials, was traded to Victoria in October, and joined Nelson (KIJHL) in December before returning to the Grizzlies for the playoffs. Johnson finishes his BCHL with 134 points (72g, 62a) in 150 games.

Another ex-BCHL player has signed with an NHL club as Brett Hextall (Penticton, 2006-08) inked an entry-level deal with Phoenix.

Here's the story from the Associated Press:

The Phoenix Coyotes signed North Dakota junior forward Brett Hextall to an entry-level contract Friday.

Hextall, the 23-year-old son of former NHL goalie Ron Hextall, had 13 goals, 16 assists and 63 penalty minutes in 39 games this past season for the Fighting Sioux. In 115 games in three seasons at North Dakota, he had 39 goals, 42 assists and 242 penalty minutes.

Phoenix drafted the five-foot-11, 195-pound Hextall, from Manhattan Beach, Calif., in the sixth round in 2008.

Hextall's grandfather, Bryan Hextall Jr.; great grandfather, Bryan Hextall Sr.; and great uncle, Dennis Hextall, also played in the NHL.

Phoenix was swept by Detroit in the first round of the playoffs.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Player Moves:

More moves involving ex-BCHL players have occurred in the last few days. Here's a summary:

F Jeff Hoggan (Powell River, 1997-98) has been released by Grizzly Adams Wolfsburg (German Elite League). The Hope, BC native had 21 points (11g, 10a) in 38 games in 2010-11. . . .

F Tyler McNeely (Surrey/Coquitlam, 2003-07) signed a one-year, two-way contract with New York Islanders (NHL) for the 2011-12 season. McNeely had 34 points (13g, 21a) in 38 games this season in his final year at Northeastern University (NCAA) and 11 points (5g, 6a) in 10 games with Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL) during an amateur tryout to end the season. CapGeek.com reports the contract pays the Burnaby product $525,000 at the NHL level. . . .

F Mark Kosick (Victoria, 1996-97) inked a one-year contract with Fischtown Pinguins (Germany 2) for 2011-12. Kosick had 35 points (6g, 29a) in 42 games with Eispiraten Crimmitschau (Germany 2) this past season. . . .

F Ken Magowan (Vernon, 1998-2000) has signed a two-year contract with Adler Mannheim (German Elite League). The Kelowna product spent 2010-11 with Grizzly Adams Wolfsburg, notching 36 points (21g, 15a) in 41 games. . . .

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Former Cents Defenceman Benoit Quessandier Released from Epinal Dolphins:

According to the website for Magnum La Radio in France, former Centennials defenceman Benoit Quessandier has been released by the Epinal Dolphins of the French League.

Quessandier, who played one game in Merritt (1g, 0a) during the 2005-06 season, has spent the last three years with Epinal, compiling 15 points (4g, 11a) in 52 games.

Quesnel Millionaires Not Gone Yet, Owners Still Considering Options:

With a deadline that was set for today, here's the latest on the Mills:

By Percy Hebert - Quesnel Cariboo Observer
Published: April 20, 2011 7:00 AM

The Quesnel Millionaires have not left town yet although a source said the possibility does exist.

The Mills had until today to advise the British Columbia Hockey League of their intentions for the team next season, but the league has given local owners time to consider a few options.

Speculation was the Mills would move to Chilliwack to fill the space left by the move of the WHL Chilliwack Bruins to Victoria, but the source said there was no offer to move the Mills to Chilliwack.

Among the options are an offer from a group who want to move the Mills to Wenatchie, Washington, east of Seattle.

A second new offer could also see the team move. However, failing that, the potential owners have said they would keep the Mills in Quesnel for at least a year to see if there are developments in the proposed Multi-Centre project.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Quesnel Millionaires Drop-Dead Date is This Wednesday:

Interesting comment from Vernon owner Duncan Wray, who states that the BCHL has given the Quesnel Millionaires a drop-dead of April 20, which is this Wednesday, to commit to playing next season.

Here's the article from the Vernon Morning Star:

By Kevin Mitchell - Vernon Morning Star

Let’s see now. The Coyotes are heading back to Winnipeg from Phoenix and the Atlanta Thrashers are packing up for Quebec City.

Oh, and the Chilliwack Bruins, who were sold this week, are loading up a few trucks and taking a ferry this afternoon to Victoria, where the ECHL Victoria Salmon Kings are reportedly done.

And the Quesnel Millionaires are penniless and for sale with any prospective buyer doubtful.

It’s going to be a crazy few weeks here as we wait for the lawyers, accountants and bankers to figure out just where all these teams are best suited.

Let’s start in the BCHL. The Millionaires, who went private two years ago, with the husband-and-wife team of Gary and Kit Collins and Bob Sales the driving force, are out of cash. Former Vernon Laker goalie Mirko Pellizzari, a dentist, is a minority owner.

Sales, the Mills’ president, said this week the teams paid the referees and security one game night, and deposited $37 into general revenue. Ouch!

“I give them credit for trying, but they’re in a tough situation,” said Vipers’ owner Duncan Wray, a retired oral surgeon. “They have put a lot of money into it and they’re fed up. I know what that feels like, having put lots of money into this team (in early years at Civic Arena).”

Wray says the league has given the Millionaires a drop-dead date of April 20. They either commit to next season or fold. A dispersal draft of the players would likely be held via conference call.

“I don’t think anybody’s going to pick the team up unless they have really, really deep pockets and are a huge hockey fan,” said Wray.

The Mills made the playoffs this season and averaged 638 fans a game, second-worst in the 16-team BCHL ahead of the Merritt Centennials, who listed a 571 fans a game total. The Vipers, at an average of 1,880, lead the BCHL.

Wray said the corporate support in Quesnel was good, but without a bigger fan base, the Mills could not pay the bills. And with the proposed new arena nowhere in sight, the Mills are hardly going to attract a viable new owner.

In Langley, Roy and John Henderson are set to take over the BCHL’s Langley Chiefs after buying them from Moray Keith, Jim Bond and Harvey Smyl. The team will be known as the Rivermen.

Roy Henderson is the long-time operator of Global Sports Scouting Services Inc., which runs hockey clinics for Pee Wee, Bantam, Midget and Junior hockey players to showcase their talents for prospective coaches and scouts. John Henderson is an accountant.

Roy Henderson delivered an interesting quote to Langley Times sports editor Gary Ahuja last week, saying the team would be changing its name.

“The Chiefs are synonymous with Chilliwack. The Chiefs belong in Chilliwack,” he said. “To be honest, the Langley fans detested the Chiefs for many years. I remember (when my son played for Chilliwack) I used to have to go into that building and listen to it.”

If Keith, who owns the arena in Chilliwack, fails in his bid to bring major junior hockey back to the Fraser Valley city, perhaps he scoops up the Millionaires and shifts them to Chilliwack.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturday Player Moves:

A number of former BCHL players have been in the news over the last couple of days, here's a summary.

F Brodie Reid (Surrey/Burnaby/Penticton, 2005-09) has signed an entry-level contract as an unrestricted free agent with San Jose Sharks (NHL). Reid had 28 points (11g, 17a) in 37 games with Northeastern University Huskies (NCAA) this past season. . . .

F Kyle Ostrow (Nanaimo, 2005-07) has been released from his amateur tryout contract by Portland Pirates (AHL). Ostrow had 1 point (0g, 1a) in five AHL games with the Pirates after posting 28 points (15g, 13a) in 36 games with University of Denver Pioneers (NCAA) in 2010-11. . . .

F Tyler Scofield (Vernon/Prince George/Alberni Valley, 2000-04) has signed a contract extension with Klagenfurter AC (Austria). The Prince George product had 28 points (11g, 17a) with Klagerfurter this past season. . . .

F Cam MacIntyre (Cowichan Valley, Salmon Arm, 2003-06) has been called up by San Jose Sharks (NHL) from Worcester Sharks (AHL). MacIntyre had 8 points (4g, 4a) in 42 games at the AHL level in 2010-11. . . .

D Matt Irwin (Nanaimo, 2004-08) has also been recalled from Worcester Sharks (AHL) by San Jose Sharks (NHL). He had 32 points (11g, 21a) in 72 games with Worcester this past season. . . .

Thursday, April 14, 2011

No Deals Yet for Quesnel Millionaires:

The Quesnel Millionaires saga continues. Here's an update of an earlier article from the Cariboo Observer:

Quesnel Millionaires on the block, no deals yet
By Percy Hebert - Quesnel Cariboo Observer

“The Millionaires are for sale,” Bob Sales, president of the Quesnel Millionaires hockey team said with a heavy sigh.

And with that, the end of a 35-year history of the Mills took a step closer to reality, a history that includes several NHL alumni such as Brad Gassoff and Jamie Leach, as well as current NHL players, including Carey Price, Sheldon Souray and Brett Festerling.

News of the potential sale of the Millionaires did not sit well with many.

“I’m disappointed that the team might have to leave,” Glen Watson, coach of the Millionaires during the 2009 – 2010 season, said.

Current coach, Doug Hedley also expressed disappointment.

“I understand the ownership’s position from a business point of view,” he said.

“But it’s like walking away from a touchdown from the five-yard line.

“Next year would have been a really exciting year for the Millionaires with all the talent we have coming back.”

Sales made the comment in front of more than 80 Quesnel residents packed into city council chambers to hear the latest information regarding the Multi-Centre project.

“This has made me sick,” Sales said after the meeting.

“We’re [owners] really bothered by this.

“We got involved because we wanted to keep the team here.”

The news was not good for the local economy.

“Not good,” Bob Moutray, general manager of the Sandman Inn said.

BCHL teams, Moutray said, account for about $35,000 worth of revenue for the Sandman Inn and the Denny’s restaurant and that does not include the playoffs.

Quesnel Mayor Mary Sjostrom, also underlined the economic importance of the Millionaires to the local economy.

“It would be a huge economic loss to the community,” she said.

“I think it’s a loss that we haven’t been able to achieve what we wanted to achieve.”

Despite their best intentions and best efforts, the Millionaires owners have lost money for two years in a row. Not helping matters was the economic downturn and the loss of the Williams Lake Timberwolves.

The amount of money lost is not trivial.

“This isn’t a little bit of money we’re talking about, this is a huge amount of money,” he said.

However, Sales was quick to tip his hat to local businesses and volunteers who went out of their way to support the Millionaires.

“They’ve really done everything they can to support us,” Sales said.

The real problem, he said, was there were too many empty seats on too many nights, this despite “heavy marketing” based on the previous year’s playoff run.

“We just can’t get anybody to walk into the building,” Sales said with a resigned shrug of the shoulders.

“That’s our biggest problem.

“One night, after paying security and the referees, we made a $37 deposit.”

The playoffs, usually the icing on the cake for a sports franchise, were a disappointment this year, with less than 400 people in the stands.

Following two money-losing seasons, the Mills investors decided they can no longer continue to dump money in the pot and hence the decision to put the team up for sale.

Although the Millionaires are for sale, they have not left town yet and the ownership group are still hopeful they will find a “made in Quesnel” solution.

But it isn’t an easy sell, Sales admitted.

Potential owners, interested in keeping the team in Quesnel, have already remarked the state of the Vault and the less than enthusiastic fan support are drawbacks, Sales said.

“We have no firm offers,” he said.

The directors of the team met Wednesday night to go over potential options and will present the best options to the team’s investors.

“They’ll vote on it and we’ll go from there,” Sales said.

Langley Not Home to the Rivermen Just Yet:

More speculation! This is what happens when BCHL fans get itching for some news!

Here's the latest on the Langley Rivermen... I mean, Chiefs from the Langley Advance newspaper.

Juniors still called Chiefs – for now

By Troy Landreville, Langley Advance

They’re not the Rivermen yet.

Postings in the “Twitter-verse” – about Langley’s junior A hockey team changing its name from the Chiefs – are premature.

But prospective owner Roy Henderson can’t confirm anything until a deal is completed to buy the franchise.

Henderson and his brother John have put forward a formal purchase application to the B.C. Hockey League board of governors. It will be voted on in the next three weeks.

The brothers are chomping at the bit to get the ball rolling.

“We are working on a confidentiality clause to begin with so it’s tough to disclose anything,” Henderson said. “I can’t really say right now because nobody’s really disclosed that [about the name change]. I would like it to be a surprise. We don’t have the club yet. We’ve met with the B.C. junior league and it’s all in their hands. It could still be the Chiefs, who knows? They [the B.C. Hockey League] have to do their due diligence and make sure [we’re] a viable group and one, ‘Do they have the money?’ And two, ‘Can put a competitive team together?’”

The bottom line is, Henderson noted, the name remains Chiefs until he officially buys the hockey club.

Moray Keith, one of the principal owners of the junior A Chiefs, said his group had no intention to sell the team, but was approached by what he considered to be a small, committed group with strong business and hockey interests in Langley [Local group makes bid to buy Chiefs, Feb. 15, Langley Advance].

The team was owned by Keith and Jim Bond (both Vancouver businessmen), two Burnaby businessmen, and head coach Harvey Smyl.

The deal has been in the works since this past October and Henderson stressed the team was “never for sale.”

“We approached them and thought we could do something different – make it a little more entertaining to go to a hockey game,” Henderson said.

The move signals the end of an era. Head coach Harvey Smyl won’t be back next year.

“I think there may be an opportunity for him in Chilliwack. That’s where he wanted to be right from day one,” Henderson said. “He had to drive from Chililwack every day. That’s tough sledding.”

Henderson said next year’s junior A squad will be “Langley’s team.”

“It’s never really been that way,” he said.

In the spring of 2006, the Chiefs Ownership Group were looking for a home for its team after the Western Hockey League’s Chilliwack Bruins moved into that city’s Prospera Centre, the former home of the Chiefs.

The Chiefs originally considered relocating to Abbotsford, before landing in Langley.

The Advance’s sister paper, Chilliwack Times, reported that the Bruins have been sold to a group that plans to move the team to Victoria, according to Keith, the minority owner of the WHL squad.

Keith told CKNW sports reporter Jim Mullin that an agreement is in place that would see the team moved to Victoria.

Keith and business partner Jim Bond own a 25 per cent share of the Bruins, but the pair was outvoted by team president Darryl Porter and National Hockey League general managers Brian Burke and Glen Sather, each of whom also own a quarter of the club.

Keith and Bond, who own the company that operates Prospera Centre, had submitted their own bid to buy the team.

Mullin told the Chilliwack Times that Keith now plans to go to the Western Hockey League’s board of governors and ask whether there are any WHL teams he could move to Chilliwack. Failing that, he will ask for another expansion team for the city.

If those options fail, he hopes to bring a BCHL team back to Chilliwack. Keith has agreed to sell his portion of the Chiefs, but retains the rights to the name “Chiefs.”

Recent Twitter postings have Smyl and Keith making a bid to buy the BCHL franchise in Quesnel and then move it to Chilliwack.

A new Chilliwack Chiefs would be coached by Smyl, a Chilliwack resident who has been non-commital when asked about his future in Langley.

Read more: http://www.langleyadvance.com/Juniors+still+called+Chiefs/4616623/story.html#ixzz1JXCjGndp

Langley Rivermen Sail Into the BCHL:

News 1130 radio in Vancouver is reporting that the Langley Chiefs will be renamed the Rivermen, effective the 2011-12 season.

In the same report, they say that the Chiefs nickname will go back to Chilliwack should the BCHL return to that community following the relocation of the WHL's Bruins.

I have no idea if the above logo will even be close to what the new logo looks like for Langley, but the ECHL's Peoria Rivermen is a good starting point.

There's also been a ton of speculation as to how the BCHL returns to Chilliwack and as far as I can tell, there are two scenarios.

1) Moray Keith and his group, who recently sold the Rivermen (nee Chiefs) to Roy Henderson and his group, outbid any local group in Quesnel and move the Millionaires to Prospera Centre once the Chilliwack Bruins WHL move to Victoria is official. The BCHL for 2011-12 looks like this:

Coastal Conference
Alberni Valley
Chilliwack
Coquitlam
Cowichan Valley
Langley
Nanaimo
Powell River
Surrey
Victoria

Interior Conference
Merritt
Penticton
Prince George
Salmon Arm
Trail
Vernon
Westside

Would the league like a 9-7 imbalance between the Conferences? I would think not, maybe Chilliwack comes into the Interior, but I really can't see that happening.

2) A local group in Quesnel bands together and puts up enough cash to keep the Mills afloat and Keith and Co. purchase the dormant and suspended Williams Lake Timberwolves franchise to play in Chilliwack, again, once the relocation of the WHL's Bruins is rubber stamped. The BCHL in 2011-12 would look like this:

Coastal Conference
Alberni Valley
Chilliwack
Coquitlam
Cowichan Valley
Langley
Nanaimo
Powell River
Surrey
Victoria

Interior Conference
Merritt
Penticton
Prince George
Quesnel
Salmon Arm
Trail
Vernon
Westside

Would the league prefer this 9-8 imbalance? Probably, since we saw it as recently as the 2009-10 season, except obviously with the 9 teams being in the Interior then as opposed to the Coast under this alignment. I would think that the BCHL would also like to no longer have a dormant franchise under its watch.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's Official: Quesnel Millionaires Are For Sale:

BCHL's Quesnel Millionaires are for sale
[...]

The real problem, Sales said, there were too many empty seats on too many nights, this despite "heavy marketing" based on the previous year's playoff run.

"We just can't get anybody to walk into the building," Sales said with a resigned shrug of the shoulders.

"That's our biggest problem.

"One night, after paying security and the referees, we made a $37 deposit," Sales said to highlight the importance of game day ticket sales.

The playoffs, usually the icing on the cake for a sports franchise, were also a disappointment this year, with less than 400 people in the stands.

Following two money-losing seasons, the Mills investors have decided they can no longer continue to add money to the pot and hence the decision to put the team up for sale.

Although the Millionaires are for sale, they have not left town yet and the ownership group are still hopeful they will find a "made in Quesnel" solution.

But it isn't an easy sell, Sales admitted.

Potential owners, interested in keeping the team in Quesnel, have already remarked the state of the Vault and the less than enthusiastic fan support are drawbacks, Sales said.

"We have no firm offers," he said.

The directors of the team are meeting Wednesday night to go over potential options and will then present the best options to the team's investors.

"They'll vote on it and we'll go from there," Sales said.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Former Cents Affiliate Goaltender Ty Pozzobon Continues to Tear Up Rodeo Circuit:

Photo courtesy of Cassandra Carr

Merritt's own Ty Pozzobon, who served as a back-up goaltender as an affiliate player for the Centennials during the 2007-08 season, continues to show why it was a good decision for him to choose bull riding over hockey as a career.

Here's the latest on Ty from the Calgary Herald.

By Dwayne Erickson, For The Calgary Herald

Ty Pozzobon hasn't disappeared since his name first surfaced for a brief moment in professional rodeo's world standings back in late January.

He just took a few detours here and there. In the process, Canadian rodeo's 2010 rookie of the year is establishing a glowing reputation among the superstars of the Professional Bull Riders outfit at the world level.

The 19-year-old from Merritt, B.C. was called up to the internationallytelevised Ford Series as an alternate a month ago for an event at Glendale, Ariz.

He was thrown off two bulls there and two more a week later at Fresno, Calif.

Then, Pozzobon started putting things together.

He covered two of three bulls for 86.5 and 87.5 points at the Ty Murray Invitational in Albuquerque, N.M., to finish 11th in championship points and earn $1,000.

And, the next weekend, at Kansas City, Pozzobon made the eight-second buzzer on his first-round bull for a fourth-best 85.75 points and qualified for the first-night, 10-man championship round.

His assignment was a dark horned bull called Wild & Out that had been ridden only twice in nine trips this year, both for scores in the 90s.

"He jumped out, spun to the left and just at the dinger my hand came out of my rope," Pozzobon recalled. "I knew when I left the chute I didn't have much rope in my hand. I was just hanging on and I thought it would be close."

As it turned out, he ended up 12th to pocket $1,700.

Disappointed? "Not at all," he responded. "There's been so much happening this last little while.

"First, getting called up to the Ford Built Tough Series, a goal of mine since I was a little kid, and seeing and meeting all those guys I'd been watching on television for years. Then riding my first bull and the very next weekend qualifying for a short (10-man) round.

"It's all pretty exciting." During the Kansas City event, Shane Proctor, ranked sixth in the PBR points standings, asked Pozzobon if he'd help put on a bull riding school for 32 students at Grand Coulee, Wash.

The invitation from Proctor is a testament to how well Pozzobon has been accepted by the PBR elite.

While he was working the school, the PBR offered the teenager an alternate spot at this past weekend's Ford Series stop at Tampa, Fla.

Pozzobon turned it down. He'd entered a Tier II Touring Pro Division bull riding at Nampa, Idaho.

"I wanted to improve my earnings so I'd get called up to the Ford Series after the next cut and not have to rely on being on call as an injury alternate," he said.

Mission accomplished. Pozzobon covered his first bull for 86.5 points, advanced to Nampa's championship round, and stuck a 92.5 score on a young right spinner called Toy Soldier.

Pozzobon picked up $2,500 at Pocatello, which counts toward the world rodeo standings, and $4,500 at Nampa, which counts towards his PBR earnings.

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/2010+rodeo+rookie+back+spotlight/4598535/story.html#ixzz1JJjHC9w4

Monday, April 11, 2011

Quesnel Millionaires on the verge of extinction?

Photo courtesy of Quesnel Millionaires.com

I've heard rumours about this, but didn't want to speculate without knowing for sure. It appears now that where there's smoke there's fire.

Here's the latest from the Quesnel Observer:

BCHL's Quesnel Millionaires folding?
By Percy Hebert - Quesnel Cariboo Observer

The future of the BCHL Quesnel Millionaires franchise in Quesnel is in jeopardy an anonymous source close to the team said.

Rumours, regarding the future of the Millionaires, have been circulating for more than a week now and have made their way to city hall.

"I've heard the rumours," Quesnel city councilor Ron Paull said.

The decision, regarding the future of the Mills in Quesnel, rests in part with what Mayor Mary Sjostrom and the city have to say Tuesday during the information session on the proposed Mutli-Centre, the source said.

However, speaking notes provided to city council for the Multi-Centre information session did not include a reference to the Mills, Paull noted.

Bob Sales, president of the Quesnel Millionaires hockey club and Dave Sales, executive director with the BCHL, have not returned phone calls.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cents Roster Analysis:

With the season ending a month ago, I thought I'd take a look at which holes Cents Coach/GM Luke Pierce needs to fill heading into next season, Year Two of the team's three year strategic plan.

This isn't to say that all of these players will be back in Merritt because I have no idea what was said in any of the exit interviews at the end of the season, but assuming all players want to be back in 2011-12, we know for sure that two of the 1991-born players won't be on the opening night roster because the Centennials are two over the BCHL limited of six.

Based on the depth chart from Game Four of the playoffs, the Cents roster at this point heading into 2011-12 shakes down like this:

The (*) indicate a spot in the lineup that needs to be filled.

Forwards
Regan Soquila (93) - 20g, 25a in 50 games
Max Vallis (91) - 22g, 16a in 59 games
Evan Stack (91) - 13g, 19a in 52 games
Chad Brears (91) - 4g, 17a in 54 games
Steve Wall (91) - 8g, 10a in 54 games
Jakob Reichert (93) - 7g, 11a in 33 games
Dustin Lebrun (92) - 11g, 6a in 44 games
Sean Maktaak (92) - 6g, 9a in 41 games
David Sabey (91) - 4g, 11a in 56 games
Silvan Harper (92) - 2g, 6a in 60 games
Brent Fletcher (92) - 2g, 5a in 47 games
Dylan Playfair (92) - 0g, 1a in 40 games
*
*

Defencemen
Brandon Pfeil (92) - 6g, 10a in 55 games
Billy Marshall (91) - 4g, 12a in 56 games
Reece Willcox (94) - 5g, 9a in 53 games
Kameran Crawford (91) - 1g, 11a in 49 games
Richard Sabourin (92) - 0g, 8a in 49 games
*

Goaltenders
Lino Chimienti (91) - 15-16-1, 3.11 GAA, .894 save percentage in 32 games
Tyler Steel (93) - 7-16-0, 3.49 GAA, .889 save percentage in 30 games

Players in italics are listed by WHL teams.

With four graduating 20-year-olds and two too many 1991-born players means for sure there will be six new faces in the line-up for the Cents. With Willcox, Steel and Reichert all listed by WHL teams, it remains to be seen whether that impacts the Centennials roster next season.

Also, there's lots of speculation as to which 1991-born players won't be in Merritt for 2011-12 with Brears, Stack, Sabey, Chimienti, Marshall, Crawford, Wall and Vallis being the 20-year-old players.

With 152 days until what should be opening night on September 9, it should be an interesting off-season!

Former Powell River Assistant Coach Cory Clouston Gassed by Ottawa:

(Andre Ringuette/NHLI via Getty Images)

Former Powell River Kings assistant coach Cory Clouston is the first coaching casualty of the NHL off-season after being fired today following Ottawa's loss to Boston.

Here's the release from the Senators website:

Murray dismisses Clouston, assistants after 2010-11 season ends short of playoffs
By Rob Brodie - OttawaSenators.com

Just hours after a season-ending loss to the Bruins in Boston, Senators general manager Bryan Murray announced the dismissal of Clouston, along with assistant coaches Brad Lauer and Greg Carvel. Murray said the decision was made based on the performance of a team that entered the season with the belief it was a contender but, at 32-40-10, wound up a disappointing 13th in the Eastern Conference and is headed for the draft lottery.

"We felt that a change was necessary," Murray said, adding "it's always difficult" to make such a decision. "Coaches always get the finger pointed them more than maybe they should, but in this case we felt that all of us — the coaching staff and management — felt, at training camp, that we had a competitive hockey team and for whatever reason, we didn’t play to the level that we thought and expected. As a result, changes have to made."

Since a post-Christmas stretch that saw the Senators win just one of 18 games — essentially killing their playoff hopes — Murray has been tasked with the job of retooling the franchise and taking it in a more youthful direction. Six veterans were dealt away before the Feb. 28 trade deadline and, said Murray, that's when he also began to realize a move also was needed behind the bench.

While the Senators' play improved markedly over the final six weeks of the season — they went 14-9-1 down the stretch and were competitive pretty much every night — it wasn't enough to save Clouston, who had expressed hope in recent days that he would return.

"Over a little period of time, we certainly evaluated what was going on," said Murray, who signed a new three-year contract himself on Friday. "Prior to the trading deadline, we saw that we had to do things to recover from the way the early part of the year had gone. So it’s been a process over a period of time."

The 41-year-old Clouston posted a record of 95-83-20 in his first stint behind a National Hockey League bench, which last just under 2-1/2 seasons. The native of Viking, Alta., was promoted from the Binghamton Senators on Feb. 2, 2009, after Craig Hartsburg was relieved of his coaching duties. Clouston guided the Senators to a playoff berth last season, with Ottawa falling to the Pittsburgh Penguins in six games in the first round.

Carvel, 40, has been with the Sens as an assistant coach since the 2005-06 season, when he worked alongside Murray on the bench. Lauer, 44, an ex-Senator, was brought on board by Clouston prior to the 2009-10 season.

Murray doesn't expect the search for the 10th coach in modern franchise history to begin in earnest until near the end of this month.

"We’ll certainly step back for a few days here or a few weeks and wait and see who becomes available," he said. "At some time, probably in late April, we’ll start talking to people."

Friday, April 8, 2011

The BCHL Back in the Wack? Langley To Undergo Another Name Change:

Photo courtesy of Prospera Centre

There are lots of stories flying around about the WHL's Chilliwack Bruins relocation to Victoria, but obviously there would be an impact on the BCHL with Prospera Centre needing a tenant and the Grizzlies currently the only junior team in our provincial capital.

Here's the latest from The Chilliwack Times:

WHL has approved Chilliwack Bruins move to Victoria

By Tyler Olsen, Chilliwack Times April 8, 2011

The consultant working with outgoing Chilliwack Bruins minority owners Jim Bond and Moray Keith has confirmed that the Western Hockey League franchise's move to Victoria is inevitable.

Ringdal said the league has conditionally approved not just the sale—as the WHL declared Tuesday—but also the relocation of the club.

And those conditions, says Glen Ringdal, "are not very onerous" and "within the hands of the league."

It had previously been unclear, but largely assumed, that the league's approval of the club's sale included its movement to Victoria.

But in the past three days, the franchise has begun to wind down operations in Chilliwack Some, but not all, Chilliwack Bruins staff members have been handed lay off notices as the Western Hockey League franchise clear the way for the team's move to Victoria, according to a source with intimate knowledge of the situation.

Not all staff members will stop working immediately, but many have been told that their time working for the club is coming to an end.

Kamloops Daily News sports editor Gregg Drinnan has also reported that the team is set to change hands on April 17 and that soon thereafter moving trucks will arrive to move the club's assets. The Times has been unable to independently confirm the report.

With the Bruins leaving, the focus has turned to what may replace them in Prospera Centre next year.

Ringdal told the Times that "there is a possibility that another team in the league may wish to relocate to Chilliwack and the only one that I'm aware of is Prince George that has some interest.

"That was reported long ago," he continued. "That's no news from me, but whether or not that can happen, there's no deal in place . . . but we're prepared to talk and see if that's a possibility and in the end, that would probably be good for everybody."

Ringdal said the Western Hockey League isn't interested in expansion.

But he said that "if there is any movement in the league, they would be involved in that and they would be helpful, as they were in the movement from Chilliwack to Victoria. They worked with the group there."

If a Western Hockey League team can't be brought to Chilliwack, Ringdal, Keith and Bond would turn their attention to securing either a British Columbia Hockey League team or, possibly, an East Coast Hockey League team. The latter option hasn't been fully explored, but Ringdal said "we have spoked to the [BCHL] and I think we would be welcomed into the league."

It appears that a change is in the works for Langley if the BCHL Board of Governors vote goes Roy Henderson's way this Wednesday. Here's that story from The Langley Times:

Sale would mean end of Chiefs

By Gary Ahuja - Langley Times

Should the sale be approved, the Langley Chiefs will be no more.

“The Chiefs are synonymous with Chilliwack,” said Roy Henderson, who has submitted a bid to purchase the junior A hockey club, along with his brother John.

“To be honest, the Langley fans detested the Chiefs for many years. I remember (when my son played for Chilliwack) I used to have to go into that building and listen to it.”

The Hendersons have submitted a bid to buy the Langley Chiefs from its current ownership group, which is led by Moray Keith, Jim Bond and current coach Harvey Smyl.

They are meeting with the B.C. Hockey League franchise committee on Wednesday (April 13). Following that, the league’s board of governors would vote on the sale. There is no date set yet for the vote.

Should the sale go through, Henderson said they would find a new moniker for the team.

Speculation is that Chilliwack could potentially land another BCHL junior A club, since the Chilliwack Bruins have been sold and are rumored to be heading to Victoria, leaving a void in that hockey market.

“The Chiefs belong in Chilliwack,” Henderson said.

The team was not listed for sale, but the Hendersons initiated the talks.

Roy Henderson is the long-time operator of Global Sports Scouting Services Inc., which runs hockey clinics for peewee, bantam, midget and junior hockey players to showcase their talents for prospective coaches and scouts.

John Henderson is an accountant.

“I think my brother and myself ... are looking for a new challenge in life,” Roy Henderson said.

“Global has been a family business and we want to take this to that level,” Henderson said. “We like the idea of helping kids along the way to going to college or going to the next level. It really intrigues us.”

The Langley team would be a family-run business.

Roy Henderson’s two sons would also be involved.

Taylor Henderson has a marketing background from BCIT, while Bobby Henderson — who spent five years playing junior A with Chilliwack, including a stint in his final year as captain — would likely serve as an assistant coach. Bobby Henderson played NCAA hockey with the University of Nebraska-Omaha and is currently involved with Global Sports in a hockey operations capacity. His brother is also involved, but in the administration and marketing side of things.

This would not be the first time Roy Henderson is involved with junior hockey in Langley.

Junior A hockey returned to Langley in 1994 with the Thunder, and Henderson served as the general manager.

Back then, the team played out of the Langley Civic Centre (which is now the George Preston Recreation Centre) and Henderson remembers the buzz around town.

“We used to fill that place on a Friday night, it was really humming,” he said.

The key to succeeding is building local relationships, especially with minor hockey.

“We want to get really involved with the community and with minor hockey,” Henderson said. “With minor hockey it is very simple: if you go out of your way to help the, they will go out of their way to help you.

“And we are prepared to go out of our way to help them.”

If the sale does proceed, Henderson said the team’s name will be something completely new. In the past, local junior hockey teams have been the Lords, Thunder, Hornets and Chiefs.

“It will be a new identity and it will have something to do with Langley and its demographics,” he said.

Cents Spring Camp Wrap, Brad Thiessen Named AHL Goalie of the Year:

Sorry I haven't had time to post this earlier this week, but Cents Coach/GM Luke Pierce took the time to sit down with me immediately after Spring Camp to talk about the weekend.

Some players I was definitely impressed with, but truth be told I wasn't able to really focus on the games I saw because I was there with my 2.5 year old son.

Here are Luke's thoughts:

I hope to have a breakdown of the Cents roster/depth chart posted in the next couple of days as the off-season rolls on.

(Photo courtesy of American Hockey League)

Huge congrats to former Cents netminder Brad Thiessen on winning the Baz Bastien Award as AHL Goaltender of the Year!

From the AHL website:

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. … The American Hockey League announced today that Brad Thiessen of the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins has been named the winner of the Aldege “Baz” Bastien Memorial Award as the AHL’s outstanding goaltender for the 2010-11 season, as voted by coaches, players and members of the media in each of the league’s 30 cities.

Thiessen has posted a sparkling record of 34-7-1 in 44 appearances and ranks first in the AHL with his franchise-record 34 wins, second with a 1.93 goals-against average, ninth with a .922 save percentage and tied for first with seven shutouts while helping the Penguins to the top-ranked defense in the AHL. The 2010-11 First Team AHL All-Star was twice named the Reebok/AHL Goaltender of the Month this season – sharing the honor in October 2010 with Penguins teammate John Curry – and was the Reebok/AHL Player of the Week for the week ending Feb. 13. He was also voted the starting Eastern Conference goaltender at the 2011 AHL All-Star Classic but missed the event due to injury. Thiessen, whose record includes an 18-3-1 mark on the road, has not lost back-to-back decisions all season.

A second-year pro from Aldergrove, B.C., Thiessen signed with Pittsburgh on Apr. 8, 2009, following three seasons at Northeastern University. He becomes the second Wilkes-Barre/Scranton goaltender to win the Aldege “Baz” Bastien Memorial Award, which honors former Pittsburgh Penguins general manager Baz Bastien. Bastien played four seasons in goal with the AHL’s Pittsburgh Hornets (1945-49) before suffering a career-ending eye injury, and would go on to serve as head coach and general manager of the Hornets, leading them to the 1967 Calder Cup championship.

Previous winners of the award, first presented in 1984, include Jon Casey (1985), Sam St. Laurent (1986), Mark Laforest (1987, 1991), Felix Potvin (1992), Manny Legace (1996), Martin Biron (1999), Dwayne Roloson (2001), Jason LaBarbera (2004, 2007), Ryan Miller (2005), Dany Sabourin (2006), Michael Leighton (2008), Cory Schneider (2009) and Jonathan Bernier (2010).

Friday, April 1, 2011

Cents Spring Camp Rosters:

Red Team

Goaltenders

C.J. Wass (92) - Golden Rockets (KIJHL)
Cody MacMillan (93) - N/A

Defencemen

Adam MacLellan (93) - Coquitlam Midget A2 Chiefs (CMHA)
Jayce Polman-Tuin (94) - Midget Tier 1 Vipers (GVMHA)
Cody Larsen (92) - Grand Forks Border Bruins (KIJHL)
Justin Sulz (94) - Merritt Midget Tier 3 (MMHA)
Wade Cline (94) - Thompson Blazers (BCMML)
Harry Gidda (94) - Banff Hockey Academy (HJHL)

Forwards

Tye Sanford (93) - Revelstoke Grizzlies (KIJHL)
Tryg Strand (93) - Columbia Valley Rockies (KIJHL)
Wyatt Bonneau (94) - Vernon Midget Tier 2 Vipers (GVMHA)
Cody Koskimaki (93) - Kamloops Storm (KIJHL)
Derek Miskiman (94) - Thompson Blazers (BCMML)
Kevin Leschuk (93) - Kamloops Storm (KIJHL)
Malik Miller (94) - Merritt Midget Tier 3 (MMHA)
Quinton Sutherland (95) - Kelowna Midget Tier 2 (KMHA)
Cole Sanford (95) - Pursuit of Excellence Midget Team 1

Black Team

Goaltenders

Braydon Glinnum (92) - Sexsmith Vipers (NWJHL)
Tyler Moffat (93) - Calgary Midget AA Royals

Defencemen

Gabriel Musgrave (94) - Merritt Midget Tier 3 (MMHA)
John Saunders (94) - OHA Prep AAAA
Derek Grimm (92) - Grand Forks Border Bruins (KIJHL)
Grant Baker (93) - Calgary Midget AAA Royals
Nathan Browne (94) - Okanagan Rockets (BCMML)
Morgan Parker (94) - Penticton Midget Vees (PMHA)
Marc Dumont (94) - Thompson Blazers (BCMML)

Forwards

Jackson Playfair (94) - Valley West Hawks (BCMML)

Adam Wheeldon (94) - Nelson Leafs (KIJHL)
Carsen Willans (94) - Kootenay Ice (BCMML)
Connor Beauchemin (93) - Columbia Valley Rockies (KIJHL)
Mitchell Cook (94) - Okanagan Rockets (BCMML)
Chris Hale (93) - Calgary Midget AAA Royals
Payton Schaefer (93) - Kamloops Storm (KIJHL)
Briar McNaney (93) - Merritt Midget Tier 3

Blue Team

Goaltenders

David Little (94) - Burns Lake Bruins Midget Tier 4 (BLMHA)
Lowell Chapman (93) - Calgary Midget AA Bruins

Defencemen

Matt Liggett (92) - Aldergrove Kodiaks (PIJHL)
Owen Solecki (94) - POE Midget Varsity (CSSHL)
Jeffery Fehr (94) - Burns Lake Bruins Midget Tier 4 (BLMHA)
Joshua Coyne (95) - OHA Varsity AA Black
Derek Patterson (92) - Golden Rockets (KIJHL)
Jordan Bartch (92) - Merritt Midget Tier 3 (MMHA)

Forwards

Diego Cuglietta (95) - Thompson Blazers (BCMML)
Jaden Janzen (93) - Princeton Posse (KIJHL)
Jordan Passmore (96) - Kamloops Bantam Tier 2
Kurt Black (95) - Calgary Northstars Midget AAA
Mitchell Nishimura (93) - Calgary Royals Midget AA
Daylan Robertson (94) - OHA Varsity Black
Eric Schmidt (93) - Merritt Midget Tier 3
Dylan Sahara (93) - Grand Forks Border Bruins (KIJHL)
Dylan Burton (93) - Penticton Lakers (KIJHL)

White Team

Goaltenders

Braydon Rubisch (95) - Quesnel Midget Tier 2 (QMHA)
Mike Desimone (93) - Merritt Midget Tier 3 (MMHA)

Defencemen

Logan Hawgood (93) - Kamloops Storm (KIJHL)
Mitchell Hewson (93) - Creston Valley Thundercats (KIJHL)
Dylan Chanter (95) - POE Midget Prep (CSSHL)
Daniel Anhorn (93) - Salmon Arm Midget Tier 2 (SAMHA)
Robert Dawson (94) - Westside Midget Tier 3
Dominic Centis (93) - Vancouver NE Chiefs (BCMML)

Forwards

Josh Cook (94) - Kelowna Midget Tier 2
Andrew Stack (94) - Notre Dame Hounds AAA
Garret Bangsund (92) - Merritt Midget Tier 3
Alex Jewell (94) - Okanagan Rockets (BCMML)
Brandon Bruce (93) - Swift Current Broncos (WHL)
Michael Scobie (93) - Vancouver NE Chiefs (BCMML)
Matt Bissett (94) - Vancouver NE Chiefs (BCMML)
Tyler Cook (92) - Logan Lake Leafs Midget
Nick Landry (95) - Kelowna Tier 1 Midget