Tuesday, December 27, 2011

BCHL Prospects Playing at Mac's Midget Tournament:

The annual Mac's Midget Tournament is underway in Calgary through to January 1st.

There are a number of players taking part who have skated in the BCHL this season as affiliate players/prospects. I've taken this format from the Small Thoughts At Large WHL blog.

If you are interested in following your team's prospects in this year's tourney, the Mac's website is linked earlier in this post and they'll have game summaries there as the tournament progresses.

And to help you know which prospects your team has in the tournament, here's the list of BCHL prospects in this year's tournament, by midget team. I've given the player name, his position and birth year and the BCHL team owning his AP rights for this season.

If I've missed a player or messed up some info on a player, corrections are most welcome.

Cariboo Cougars:
Chase Astorino (F-94) - Prince George
Hayden-James Berra (F-94) - Prince George
Tanner Fjellstrom (F-94) - Prince George
Eli Jarvis (F-95) - Powell River
Jake LeBrun (F-95) - Prince George
Tyler Povelofskie (F-96) - Prince George
Colby Braaten (D-94) - Prince George
Kenny Nordstrom (D-96) - Prince George
Nathan Warren (G-95) - Prince George

Greater Vancouver Canadians:
Matthew Ho (D-94) - Powell River

Valley West Hawks:
Sam Chatterley (F-95) - Surrey
Mitchell Friesen (F-96) - Surrey
Rhett Willcox (F-96) - Merritt
Latrell Charleson (D-95) - Prince George
Jordan Klimek (D-95) - Surrey
Justin Klimek (D-94) - Surrey
Jerret Smith (D-95) - Surrey

Vancouver Northeast Chiefs:
Truman Gonzales (F-95) - Cowichan Valley
Jace Hennig (F-95) - Coquitlam
Nick Hermary (F-95) - Coquitlam
Adam Rockwood (F-95) - Coquitlam
Jamie Waddington (F-94) - Cowichan Valley
Daniel Urbani (G-95) - Penticton

Vancouver Northwest Giants:
Mitch Crisanti (F-94) - Alberni Valley
Cam Marks (D-95) - Penticton

Upon looking at the players taking part in the tournament who are affiliated with BCHL clubs, there are a number of teams who don't have any representation. They are Chilliwack, Langley, Nanaimo, Salmon Arm, Trail, Vernon, Victoria and Westside.

Players in the tournament this year, by BCHL club:

Prince George: 9
Surrey: 5
Coquitlam: 3
Cowichan Valley: 2