Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Salmon Arm Fires Assistant Coach Dan Cioffi:

This is posted on Salmon Arm's website:

SilverBacks Make Coaching Change

The Salmon Arm Silverbacks wish to announce that they have made a coaching change. They have released Associate Coach Dan Cioffi from his position effective immediately. “My vision for this hockey club differs from Dan’s an enormous amount. I feel that our club needed to have one unified vision and we needed to make this change in order to accomplish our goal. As an organization we wish Dan all the best and thank him for the time he spent in Salmon Arm” stated Head Coach and General Manager Colin O’Hara.

The SilverBacks have promoted Jayson Reardon to fill the vacant position. Jayson recently played for Coach O’Hara and is very familiar with the expectations that are put in front of this group. “Jayson still has a fire and passion for this team, community and league. He understands where this group should be and that the work ahead needs to be unified” said Coach O’Hara