Friday, September 30, 2011

Merritt Centennials-Sherwood Park Crusaders Trade:

The Merritt Centennials have made their first trade of the season, sending veteran F Steve Wall (91) to the AJHL's Sherwood Park Crusaders for future considerations.

The move leaves a hole in the Cents line-up as they're now down to just 20 players, meaning there's room to add one more without making any subtractions. It makes me think that Luke Pierce is set to sign either a player from junior 'B' or BC Major Midget League, or there's another transaction to come.

The deal also means that the Cents are down a "letter" in their locker room as Wall was just starting his second season as an assistant captain.

Meantime, here's the deets on this move:

To Sherwood Park Crusaders:
F Steve Wall (91)

To Merritt Centennials:
Future Considerations

Here's the release from the Cents website:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Merritt, BC - September 29, 2011

Merritt Centennials Head Coach and GM Luke Pierce announced today that the team struck a deal with Sherwood Park of the Alberta Junior Hockey League which sent forward Steve Wall (91) to the Crusaders for future consideratons.

"On behalf of the entire Centennials organization, I'd like to thank Steve for his effort in Merritt for the last three years," said Pierce. "I certainly wish him the best in Sherwood Park and the rest of his hockey career."

Wall, 20, was into his second season as an assistant captain with the Cents. Since being acquired from the AJHL's Spruce Grove Saints in June 2009, he's played 112 games in Merritt, posting 16 goals and 23 assists and 73 penalty minutes. The St. Albert, AB has spent time with the St. Albert Steel (AJHL) during his career.