Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Team Red Wins First Intrasquad Game 5-4 Over Team White:

A good crowd was on hand last night at Memorial Arena to catch the Centennials first intrasquad game of training camp, with Team Red coming out on top 5-4 over Team White.

I've had a few people ask me about posting the camp rosters, but Cents coach and GM Luke Pierce has asked that I don't go public with them.

On the Cents website today, there is a scoring summary though:

Merritt Centennials Training Camp Day Two Recap

Day Two of training camp is complete following the first of two inter-squad games. The roster sits at 45 players (26 forwards, 14 defensemen, 5 goaltenders).

INTER-SQUAD GAME at 7:00 pm, Monday, August 29, 2011

Team Red 5, Team White 4

Goal Scorers

Red
1. Scotty Patterson (Sean Maktaak, Evan Stack)
2. Sean Maktaak (Evan Stack)
3. Evan Stack (Scotty Patterson, Ross Mancuso)
4. Reece Willcox (Blake Culbert)
5. Jordan Salahor (unassisted)

White
1. Brendan Lamont (Regan Soquila, Steve Wall)
2. Billy Marshall (Brendan Lamont)
3. Payton Schaefer (unassisted)
4. Jordan Steel (Dylan Playfair, Brandon Pfeil)

Tomorrow's Schedule

Tuesday, Aug. 30
10 - 11 a.m. - Team White Practice
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Team Red Practice
12:30 - 1:30 p.m. - Lunch (Arena Mezzanine)
7 - 7:45 p.m. - Team White 3 on 3
8 - 8:45 p.m. - Team Red 3 on 3

I caught up with Assistant Coach and Assistant GM Joe Martin following the game: