Monday, August 15, 2011

UPDATED: Salmon Arm-Drumheller Trade:

The Silverbacks and Drumheller Dragons hooked up on a trade for the second time in three days, with Salmon Arm acquiring F Mike Betz (92) for future considerations.

The question is, how did Drumheller end up with the rights to Betz after he was dealt earlier this summer from Penticton to the OJHL's Markham Waxers in the deal that brought Brandon Tanev to the Vees? (And ultimately Travis St. Denis since that's who Penticton got when it flipped Tanev to Cowichan Valley).

Thanks to Trail PBP man Chris Wahl (check out his blog on the left there) for pointing out that the AJHL's Grande Prairie Storm picked up Betz from Markham and then flipped him to the Calgary Canucks.

So there's still obviously another deal yet to be announced here that sees Betz move from Calgary to Drumheller, but because that doesn't involve BCHL teams, I won't get into it here unless it turns out that it does.

What does matter is that Betz is back in the BCHL after a whirlwind summer that's seen his rights with SIX teams. This move has been confirmed on the BCHL website.

Here's how the trade shakes down...

To Salmon Arm:
F Michael Betz (92)

To Drumheller:
Future Considerations
To Markham:
TBA

2 comments:

  1. Betz was traded from Markham to Grande Prairie, then from Grande Prairie to Calgary Canucks per AJHL.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I guess the question is how did his rights get from Calgary to Drumheller?

    ReplyDelete