Sunday, August 28, 2011

Salmon Arm Looking for New Play-By-Play Broadcaster:

There will be another new voice in another BCHL market this season following the resignation of Patrick Haas from the Salmon Arm Silverbacks.

Chilliwack, Penticton, Powell River, Prince George, Trail and Westside will also have new PBP announcers this season.

Here's the announcement on the Silverbacks job from their website:

The Salmon Arm SilverBacks are sad to announce the resignation of their long time broadcaster Patrick Haas. After 5 years as the voice of the SilverBacks Patrick has announced he will be stepping down to join his family who has recently relocated to Calgary and to continue his passion for broadcasting baseball.

Owners Randy and Terry Williams “would like to thank Patrick for his hard work, dedication and extraordinary professionalism during his time in Salmon Arm. Patrick’s preparation and attention to detail really made his broadcasts a joy to listen to. We know that those same qualities will lead to his success in both marriage and broadcasting.”

With the departure of Haas the SilverBacks are now looking to fill his spot in the broadcast booth for the upcoming season. The team is currently accepting applications for the position of broadcaster/play by play man for the 2011-2012 season.

The selected applicant will broadcast all 60 regular season games (Home and Away) as well as any playoff games.

For more information or to apply for the broadcast position applicants should email their questions, resume and cover letter to marketing@sasilverbacks.com.

1 comment:

  1. Please help me by reading my appeal on my profile

    ReplyDelete