Thursday, August 25, 2011

Nanaimo-Newmarket Trade:

(Photo by Grant Campbell)

Nanaimo hooked up on a trade with Newmarket of the OJHL yesterday, acquiring D Josh Phillips (91) for future considerations.

Phillips gives the Clippers one too many 20 year olds heading into the season, so something's got to give there by way of a trade or release. It'll be interesting to see what Mike Vandekamp does.

To Nanaimo:
D Josh Phillips (91)

To Newmarket:
Future Considerations

Here's the release from the Nanaimo Clippers website:

The Nanaimo Clippers are pleased to announce the acquisition of 20 year old Defenseman Josh Philips from the Newmarket Hurricanes of the OJHL.

"I am very excited to be adding Josh to our hockey club." Added Coach Vandekamp "I am very familiar with Josh both as a player and a person. He previously played for me for a year and a half. He is a strong mobile defenseman who is very skilled. He will add offence and be very reliable in our own end. He will play quality minutes for us in all situations and be a solid guy in our dressing room."

We would like to welcome Josh and his Family to the Clipper Family.