Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Former Penticton Broadcaster Ryan Pinder Takes Over Play-By-Play Job for AHL's Abbotsford Heat:

Congrats to former Vees broadcaster Ryan Pinder on his hiring to do play-by-play for the Abbotsford Heat.

Here's the release from the Heat's website:

For Immediate Release

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

ABBOTSFORD, BC - The Abbotsford Heat are pleased to welcome Ryan Pinder as their new play-by-play broadcaster.

"I'm thrilled to be joining the Heat organization" said Pinder. "The opportunity to move to the Fraser Valley and work with Ryan Walter, Troy Ward, and the rest of the Heat staff is a distinct honour. I'll be working around the clock to keep Heat fans engaged with this season's exciting squad. I can't wait to make Abbotsford my new home."

Pinder has spent the past four seasons with the Penticton Vees of the BCHL, serving as their Director of Broadcasting & Media Relations. He has also hosted radio programs for CKNW in Vancouver, the Fan 960 in Calgary, and is a contributor to NHL.com and Hockey Now, among other sports media outlets.

"We are very pleased to have Ryan Pinder join our team" said Heat President Ryan Walter. "Ryan is a highly gifted and multitalented young man who now becomes the face and voice of the Abbotsford Heat. Hiring Ryan is an important next step in the ongoing development of the Heat organization."

Pinder will broadcast pre-season, regular season, and playoff games on Country 107.1. In addition Ryan will be focused on enhancing the club's social media portfolio, online content, and community presence.